By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No interest at all in Mario Party 10?

?

I'm hyped! 42 18.92%

I'm somewhat interested 76 34.23%

I'm not interested 104 46.85%

Total:222

I'm definitely hyped for this. I only ever had 3 reasons (games) that made me get a Wii U and this is one of them.

Around the Network
Metrium said:
I'd be a little hyped and would be considering this game if the ''normal'' Mario Party mode would be like previous games and not like that dreaded MP9 with the kart. I don't remember Nintendo showing anything but the Bowser Party mode and now recently the Amiibo mode that looks super boring. But we saw yesterday the logo for the ''normal'' mode and all characters seem to be on a kart, so I guess they kept it like it was in MP9 despite everyone hated it.

The one of the best things about Nintendo is also one of the worst things about Nintendo; they do not listen to their fans.

I don't really have an interest in the game.

I'd be interested for less than 20€.

I like party games, but I just wish they would stop releasing one each year. Just make 1 per console like Kart and give some polish to it.

Skullwaker said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

They should place it in a board game box, with 4 or so amiibos just like board game pieces and that will draw the attention of families who are out seeking a board game. Board games are selling well again these days and often, you see top quality games for upward of $70.

That's a brilliant idea. I would buy that in a heart beat. 

I should have worked in marketing or game development 100%. Instead a creative guy like me has a law degree and works as an accountant. My work makes me feel like a tool, and not a good one that's flexible. More like a hammer or a screwdriver. The world sucks :( But thanks for enjoying my idea.

Around the Network

I might pick it up just to play as Bowser with my friends but it's not on my must-have list at the moment.

Meh. The "everybody in a car" thing from 9 (continuing in 10) is stupid. The "Bowser Mode" is fine, but is only useful if you can consistently wrangle up 4 friends to play along with you. Ironically, the Amiibo interaction seems like it could be the strongest mode in the game...but that requires $13 physical DLC.

But the real kicker: No online.

There's no longer ANY excuse for Nintendo to release multiplayer-centric games without an online mode.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

I was a MASSIVE fan when I was a kid. I had Mario Party 1 through 8 and got them all at or near launch.

Then I skipped 9 and now have no interest in 10. I think I just got bored with the gameplay. I'd rather just play one of the older games

It think it's better than Wii Party. Watched the trailer, it was really enjoyable. Played through 4, I really liked them after that it was really really boring (don't know if it's because I've grown or that I am friendless every year). But should give it a go, hope there's a downloadable demo.

I still remember how sad and pathetic it was that they had to use the debug menu just to make something interesting happen during the Treehouse event. Well to not be a complete downer there's still the mini games which hopefully wont be full of solitare.