By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Charger Included!? Seriously!?

naruball said:
KLAMarine said:

Considering they are being upfront with the fact that the unit does not come with a charger, I'd grant leniency.

How lenient were people about Sony being upfront about vita and memory cards? Being upfront has noting to do with it.

Was Sony upfront about the prices of the memory cards? You're going to have to refresh my memory.

Around the Network

Well done, a thread for people that never intended to buy a 3DS to whine about something that is no big deal for most who do buy such a device. It's no different to all the Vita memory card bashing (maybe another fanbase, but the same blow something out of proportion thing).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mystro-Sama said:
ktay95 said:
They are thinking $199 looks a lot better than $219 (or however much the charger costs their)
Plus they are saving money of current owners of one so really its best for the consumer.
Is it that hard to grab a charger too if you need it??

You're kidding me right? Both those excuses are weak. If you think a simple plastic charger is worth $20 then you're insane. And this isn't doing previous owners any favours. There are people out there who would like having more than one charger.

If you want another charger, go buy one. Simple.  I have 3 chargers...I don't need another one.

Mnementh said:
BOLLOCKS said:
Nintendo fans are defending this? Smh.

Sony fans that never intened to buy one in the first place blow this out of proportion? Smh.

No matter how you want to spin this, this practice is anti-consumer. Of course, people who already have the charger won't mind this. You don't see this with impartial eyes, and your comment here is proof enough that you are aproaching this with a close-minded point of view.

Not everyone has the charger. Imagine now that every product you buy from now on doesn't come with the proprietary charger required for it. What's the point in doing this kind of practice, if not to screw people into spending extra money? It's not like it costs that much for Nintendo to produce those. The average consumer doesn't buy online. How much will it cost them when they buy them in regular stores?

There's no excuse for this. 

Mnementh said:
BOLLOCKS said:
Nintendo fans are defending this? Smh.

Sony fans that never intened to buy one in the first place blow this out of proportion? Smh.

So it is just Sony fans blowing this out of proportion? How do you know if a Sony fan never intended to buy one? Matter of fact WHAT DOES BEING A SONG FAN HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?????? So what about me a person who wants one? I haven't had a handheld since my original DS and no longer have it. So how does this benefit me? Or just screw new customers because others already have it.

I guess if I buy a new cell phone, or tablet, or a remote control car, or bluetooth set etc it is okay if those come without a charger as well because I should already have one or can go somewhere else and buy it? This is in no way a good move for the consumer IMO.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

I did find this and bit off putting as a new owner (potentially) who has never owned a DS or 3DS before!! Will they be sold by Nintendo directly?!?

KLAMarine said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Dr.Vita said:
Nintendo is not as it was once!
They do Free 2 Play stuff (new Pokemon game), re-release old games with more content for the same price (new Puzzle & Dragon's game) and release the same handheld just with more exclusive games (N3DS with Xenoblade). And also no charger for the handheld... And you guys say that just Sony and Microsoft suck?

[No Hate!!!]

But it's Nintendo, they get a free pass and a handjob.

Considering they are being upfront with the fact that the unit does not come with a charger, I'd grant leniency.

Agreed. I'll grant leneiency for MS too since they were so upfront about those lovely new policies in their reveal.

Squall_Leonhart said:
I did find this and bit off putting as a new owner (potentially) who has never owned a DS or 3DS before!! Will they be sold by Nintendo directly?!?

Nintendo sells chargers: 3ds charger

KLAMarine said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Dr.Vita said:
Nintendo is not as it was once!
They do Free 2 Play stuff (new Pokemon game), re-release old games with more content for the same price (new Puzzle & Dragon's game) and release the same handheld just with more exclusive games (N3DS with Xenoblade). And also no charger for the handheld... And you guys say that just Sony and Microsoft suck?

[No Hate!!!]

But it's Nintendo, they get a free pass and a handjob.

[repost]

Mystro-Sama said:
KLAMarine said:

Agreed. I'll grant leneiency for MS too since they were so upfront about those lovely new policies in their reveal.

Yeah, pretty much. No one's forcing you to buy anything.