By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phantom Dust is a 30 hr JRPG

Mystro-Sama said:
So MS gets their shit together when I don't have an Xbox... Great...

Don't count on it being a JRPG ... 

You want to go look closely at the original's gameplay ... 

You'll either be extremely disappointed or indifferent after that ...

Around the Network

Never got to play the original Phantom Dust, it will be cool to see how it turns out. It'd be pretty cool if it could release in holiday 2015, but if not then at least they're taking their time on it.

It has caught my attention, between this and Scalebound Microsoft is making me consider getting a Xbox One.

fatslob-:O said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Kingdom Hearts is an ARPG, that is made by the Japanese. Demon Souls is also an ARPG and the next Final Fantasy is taking ARPG qualities from Kingdom Hearts to modernize its battle system.

Kingdom hearts is NOT an ARPG, much less an RPG at ALL! ... 

The formal definition of an RPG is where "the player can assume multiple roles with each having differentiated purposes" ...

Just because Kingdom Hearts takes many of the mechanics of an RPG such as statistical progression and differentiated playstyles does not mean it qualifies as an RPG. You always ONLY assume one role in Kingdom Hearts and it's the Keyblade Wielder's ... Therefore by default Kingdom Hearts FAILS to meet the cirteria of an RPG thus the series was never an RPG to begin with ...

Demon's Souls is also NOT an RPG because it's starting classes do NOT provide ANY differentiated purposes in the end ... Because of the fact that there are NO restrictions to what you could build your character throughout the whole game as, the starting classes have no distinguishable purposes ...

Dude...RPG's are relying more on action these days than tactics. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Did you even read my post ? 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Did you even read my post ? 

I did but i've spoken to you before and even if I responded to it you would shut it out because you feel strongly about what you think. 

Kingdom Hearts is an ARPG.  You are using your self defintions as the rule when it isnt so...

https://rpgsquare.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/review-why-you-should-play-kingdom-hearts/

Action role-playing games (abbreviated action RPGaction/RPG, or ARPG) form a loosely defined subgenre of role-playing video games that incorporate elements of action or action-adventure games, emphasizing real-time action where the player has direct control over characters, instead of turn-based ormenu-based combat. These games often use combat systems similar to hack and slash or shooter games.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_role-playing_game

Demon Souls is a dungeon crawler ARPG. 

Back in the day, 30 hours was nothing. Rest in Reeses Pieces RPGs.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I did but i've spoken to you before and even if I responded to it you would shut it out because you feel strongly about what you think. 

Kingdom Hearts is an ARPG.  You are using your self defintions as the rule when it isnt so...

https://rpgsquare.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/review-why-you-should-play-kingdom-hearts/

Action role-playing games (abbreviated action RPGaction/RPG, or ARPG) form a loosely defined subgenre of role-playing video games that incorporate elements of action or action-adventure games, emphasizing real-time action where the player has direct control over characters, instead of turn-based ormenu-based combat. These games often use combat systems similar to hack and slash or shooter games.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_role-playing_game

Demon Souls is a dungeon crawler ARPG. 

I'm not using self definitions in a sense. It is the term "RPG" that has lost it's definition overtime since gamers have forgotten what it is. I'm the one to feel strongly what I think ?! Pot calling the kettle black ... 

I can grasp the "action" part of action RPG but can you grasp the "RPG" bit itself ? 

From this point on forward if your going to classify Kingdom Hearts and Demon Soul's as RPGs then you may as well do the same for almost every game including Call of Duty ... 

Wow, suddenly I'm a bit more interested in Phantom Dust!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Huh, interesting. Although, it doesn't look like a jrpg from a graphical standpoint imo

It's not kawaii enough.

I'm now filled with determination.