By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742

For me the games aren't there for me to consider a purchase. The only ones that pulls at the heart string is smash and mario kart but whenever I get the itch I just go back to the good old nintendo 64.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
holmen said:
Wagram said:
I own a PS4 and Wii U. I haven't played a single game on either despite having them both for about 2 months.

Then maybe you should sell them?

Why would he sell the consoles, theres plenty of games in the future for both consoles that he might like.

I own a lot of games for each. Just don't have time at the moment.

A console that lives by exclusives alone to the majority is only a secondary console. A console that shares its wealth amongst all parties is the brand most would prefer to get their games from.

zippy said:
Microsoft and Sony have also picked up a lot of casuals, prob ones Nintendo hoped would flock to their system. Wii U is predominantly owned by Nintendo fans and gamers.

No. Its not really about the casuals. Sony expanded the size of the gaming installed base from what Nintendo built in the 90's. Their second generation after they expanded the gaming industry once more by millions more. Microsoft only halved Sony's marketshare and this generation Sony is taking them back. They are reclaiming the primary base which was lost to Microsoft last generation. The gamers Nintendo gained last gen were only there for the fad. They didn't stick around so the it makes the console industry look like its shrinking when its only really going back to normal.

It's not that I don't like Nintendo games but they are lacking in many genres. I like decent shooters, racing games and RPGs (western, sometimes japanese).
So at a party, sure, let's play WiiU. But I won't buy the system.

Around the Network

WiiU doesn´t have Halo, simple as that. I will get a WiiU though down the road, it is an amazing machine with a great library.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zippy said:
Microsoft and Sony have also picked up a lot of casuals, prob ones Nintendo hoped would flock to their system. Wii U is predominantly owned by Nintendo fans and gamers.

No. Its not really about the casuals. Sony expanded the size of the gaming installed base from what Nintendo built in the 90's. Their second generation after they expanded the gaming industry once more by millions more. Microsoft only halved Sony's marketshare and this generation Sony is taking them back. They are reclaiming the primary base which was lost to Microsoft last generation. The gamers Nintendo gained last gen were only there for the fad. They didn't stick around so the it makes the console industry look like its shrinking when its only really going back to normal.

True, but I can also tell you that I know tons of casual gamers that have had PS4s for COD and FIFA and that's it., a lot of them kids. I also have seen first hand people buying PS4 because, quote "its the in console to have". I don't doubt that gamers are buying into PS4, but to say casuals aren't isn't entirely true.

zippy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
zippy said:

True, but I can also tell you that I know tons of casual gamers that have had PS4s for COD and FIFA and that's it., a lot of them kids. I also have seen first hand people buying PS4 because, quote "its the in console to have". I don't doubt that gamers are buying into PS4, but to say casuals aren't isn't entirely true.

Such anecdotal evidence goes both ways. In fact its generally known that Nintendo consoles are much more popular among kids.

GTAexpert said:
zippy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
zippy said:

Such anecdotal evidence goes both ways. In fact its generally known that Nintendo consoles are much more popular among kids.

That is the norm for Nintendo, but with Wii U I feel (I know I cant prove this) that prob a high ratio of owners are adults who grew up on Nintendo, the die hards so to speak.

zippy said:
GTAexpert said:
zippy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
zippy said:

That is the norm for Nintendo, but with Wii U I feel (I know I cant prove this) that prob a high ratio of owners are adults who grew up on Nintendo, the die hards so to speak.

Your feeling doesn't make it any more true though, the Wii U and Gamecube install base have very similar buying habits.