By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742

I owned Wii U, Xbone & PS4(sold out) just for games simply, many people wanted to see my impression & advice, so i warned them.

Wii U: Lack of AAA 3rd party games & patches.

Xbone: Online requirement to make account then update, once you turn on console, unfinished games, heavy patches & sometime Xbox live issue.

PS4: Again, you're going to need update to start up games, unfinished games, heavy patches & PSN gets bullied by hackers or annoying person DDoS servers often.

Last advice. Sharing your hate or love never helps, that's your taste.(Banana milk vs. chocolate milk, which one is tastier? )

Around the Network

I could feel this type of thread repeating itself but my god the bias is real.

Seeing people who prefer Sony only vouching for MS (get off that horse already), I could imagine if this were an MS thread instead we'd see a slight reversal but still gain the same crap.

If we're arguing third parties I'm sorted for that on my PC, getting a Wii U simply because they have games I'd like to play (Yeah we can all have different tastes but jesus don't be such a goit).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

GTAexpert said:
Skullwaker said:
You're missing my point entirely. Although I wasn't being 100% serious, my point is that people like to stick with things they are familiar with. Most people left from the 7th gen were more casual gamers that only spent time on games like CoD and Battlefield, and they immediately transfered over to the 8th gen so they could play these same games with superior graphics. They're afraid of trying something new to them. They prefer to play just FPS games, and I'm not saying there's anything inherently wrong with that, but it's the truth.

I could just as easily generalise Nintendo gamers as not trying anything new each generation and only playing their Mario and Zelda games.

And you would be right. But the question here is why are the PS4/XB1 fans not buying the Wii U. I answered the question appropriately. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I own a PS4 and Wii U. I haven't played a single game on either despite having them both for about 2 months.

Conina said:
Skullwaker said:
kinisking said:
Skullwaker said:
It's a reverse philosophy of "Too much 'pew pew', not enough new new."

Yeah because Nintendo ip's are so much newer. also people like fps, don't understand why theyres such a stigma around it, it's not any less of a genre than platforming 

You're missing my point entirely. Although I wasn't being 100% serious, my point is that people like to stick with things they are familiar with. Most people left from the 7th gen were more casual gamers that only spent time on games like CoD and Battlefield, and they immediately transfered over to the 8th gen so they could play these same games with superior graphics. They're afraid of trying something new to them. They prefer to play just FPS games, and I'm not saying there's anything inherently wrong with that, but it's the truth.

And the Nintendo fans transfered over to the 8th gen so they could play games with something new to them, right?

"New" Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D Land... sorry... World, Super Smash Bros., The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Donkey Kong Country, Pikmin, Dynasty... sorry... Hyrule Warriors, Monster Hunter, Mario & Sonic Olympic Games, Wii Fit, Lego games, Rayman, Skylanders, Just Dance, Disney Infinity... these are the bestsellers.

Complete new gaming experiences they couldn't get on other Nintendo systems with less glitter. ;)

Was the question why Nintendo fans are buying the Wii U? No. You're not wrong, but this has nothing to do with my response. 

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Skullwaker said:

to me that applies far more to nintendo fans than fans of other consoles but that is just my opinion

I'd argue not considering 18.5m people own a PS4 while 8.8m people own a Wii U. Fans on both sides are guilty of this, but PS4 is far more popular. Which is why I answered the way I answered. 

I do like Nintendo games but I need the third party support. No way I'm missing out in Dragon age and mass effect

Wagram said:
I own a PS4 and Wii U. I haven't played a single game on either despite having them both for about 2 months.

Wow you must have very particular taste. Not one single game? I don't even think I would buy consoles if it was that hard to find good games.

Because I grew out of playing nintendo games

Lack of third party support and not everyone likes Nintendo games.