By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742

Here's a list of 2014 multiplats not found on Wii-U (yet...I think a couple are coming over soonish, like OlliOlli and Chariot). Not all of these are system sellers - very few of them are - but most of these do add value to a possible future library for a prospective purchaser. (Ie, "I'm not going to buy a system for Alien Isolation, but when I get the system that will certainly be a game I buy for it.") Bolded are the games I played in 2014 to some extent (basically this isn't just a list of unkown titles I just found on the internet). This list excludes exclusives, console exclusives, company exclusives, and mysterious games I've never heard of the internt claims exist. =)

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Outlast
Strider 2014
Thief 2014
Awesomenauts
TowerFall: Ascension
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Fez
Strike Suit Zero
Trials Fusion
Cel Damage HD
Bound by Flame
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Worms Battlegrounds
EA Sports UFC
Blue Estate
R.B.I. Baseball
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Sniper Elite III
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!
Pure Pool
Diablo III
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Fibbage
Madden NFL 15
Metro Redux
OlliOlli
The Golf Club
Minecraft
Destiny
NHL 15
Flockers
Defense Grid 2
FIFA 15
Chariot
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
Alien: Isolation
Divekick
Dust: An Elysian Tail
NBA 2K15
Styx: Master of Shadows
Peggle 2
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
The Evil Within
The Walking Dead: Season One
Shadow Warrior
The Walking Dead: Season Two
The Legend of Korra
Lords of the Fallen
NBA Live 15
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Rabbids Invasion
The Wolf Among Us
Assassin's Creed Unity
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Far Cry 4
Grand Theft Auto V
Never Alone
WWE 2K15
Liege
The Crew
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Around the Network
Robbie2010 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Robbie2010 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

People don´t give a chance to the Wii U, that´s all, is not the cool thing today, because even without third party support is being the best by far, and it will still be the best console on 2015. By the way, i can´t stand when people talk about "they don´t like nintendo games" as if Nintendo was a genre...

is this a jokE?  Highly subjective with no justification.

No is not a joke. The best exclusives of 2015 are going to be for Wii U as in 2014, so if now is the best, next year is even better.

lol, now i know it was a joke.

it is his opinion and he is entitled to have it

Skullwaker said:
kinisking said:
Skullwaker said:
It's a reverse philosophy of "Too much 'pew pew', not enough new new."

Yeah because Nintendo ip's are so much newer. also people like fps, don't understand why theyres such a stigma around it, it's not any less of a genre than platforming 

You're missing my point entirely. Although I wasn't being 100% serious, my point is that people like to stick with things they are familiar with. Most people left from the 7th gen were more casual gamers that only spent time on games like CoD and Battlefield, and they immediately transfered over to the 8th gen so they could play these same games with superior graphics. They're afraid of trying something new to them. They prefer to play just FPS games, and I'm not saying there's anything inherently wrong with that, but it's the truth.

to me that applies far more to nintendo fans than fans of other consoles but that is just my opinion

Skullwaker said:
kinisking said:
Skullwaker said:
It's a reverse philosophy of "Too much 'pew pew', not enough new new."

Yeah because Nintendo ip's are so much newer. also people like fps, don't understand why theyres such a stigma around it, it's not any less of a genre than platforming 

You're missing my point entirely. Although I wasn't being 100% serious, my point is that people like to stick with things they are familiar with. Most people left from the 7th gen were more casual gamers that only spent time on games like CoD and Battlefield, and they immediately transfered over to the 8th gen so they could play these same games with superior graphics. They're afraid of trying something new to them. They prefer to play just FPS games, and I'm not saying there's anything inherently wrong with that, but it's the truth.

I could just as easily generalise Nintendo gamers as not trying anything new each generation and only playing their Mario and Zelda games.

well their friends didn't bu it so why should they?

Plus some people actually chose because they want something and that something isn't WiiU

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Robbie2010 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Robbie2010 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

People don´t give a chance to the Wii U, that´s all, is not the cool thing today, because even without third party support is being the best by far, and it will still be the best console on 2015. By the way, i can´t stand when people talk about "they don´t like nintendo games" as if Nintendo was a genre...

is this a jokE?  Highly subjective with no justification.

No is not a joke. The best exclusives of 2015 are going to be for Wii U as in 2014, so if now is the best, next year is even better.

lol, now i know it was a joke.

No is not.

I salute your troll game.

I dislike nintendo games in general, I do like Mario Kart but I already got like 4 mario karts (GBA/DS/Wii/3DS).

Bayonetta 2 and X aren't enough to justify buying it.

Unless Fire Emblem and Pokemon rpg happens I don't see the situation changing either.

As to why XBO instead of wiiU? I can't play Gears of War(my system seller, the game where I will be playing the most hours during the gen) on WiiU, I don't even like GTA/COD and so on.. but I like KH, FF, Halo and so.

Basically WiiU = sidekick? I can dig it lol.

Samus Aran said:

What makes you think I don't game on PC as well? I love Total War, South Park, MGS, Batman Arkham, etc.

You don't need an expensive PC to play those games. 

And YOU said that you'd rather play Far Cry 4 over any Wii U game. I call that very limited gaming taste. 

lol is he not allowed to have a favourite game that is not on a nintendo console?

the meltdowns in this thread are hilarious lol

Samus Aran said:
bananaking21 said:
Samus Aran said:
bananaking21 said:
id honestly rather play farcry over all wiiu games. and there you got an answer from one ps4 owner

Far Cry 4 is on PS3 as well. And better on PC.

and its not on WiiU. just because farcry is on PS3 and PC does not devalue its precense on PS4. 

It does to me. Why would you buy a PS4 just to play FC4?

Anyway, wouldn't like to have such a limited gaming taste.

Was that necessary? Christ

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine