By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742

I'm 35 and Nintendo will always have a special place in my heat because I had the original NES in 86 & the SNES, N64, GameCube. Then NES flipped the script and changed. They decided to get gimmicky, decided not to grow with their audience, put a lot of their best resources in handheld, caters mostly to kids imo. I love plenty of E rated games, but that is mostly all Nintendo is about. Also they lost their 3rd party support and do not seem to care much about hardware. I'm a PlayStation guy now and have been really since 1995 when PSX dropped. PS cares a lot about hardware and plenty of games from E to M with a ton of solid M rated exclusives. Also PS does not just regurgitate sequels like Zelda, Metroid, Mario etc. PS comes out with a few new IP's yearly and also have great sequels. Also SOE rox and I like how PS has several PC games to play on their console and you can even play with PC players on the same server on your PS3/PS4. PS ROX!  ;)

Around the Network
Wagram said:
I own a PS4 and Wii U. I haven't played a single game on either despite having them both for about 2 months.

Then maybe you should sell them?

I've never grown up on Nintendo platforms. For me it was the Megadrive II, then PS1, PS2, PS3. So Nintendo has never appealed to me. Only Nintendo game I enjoy and have played frequently is Mario Kart, and I'm not spending £200 for 1 game. Plus the third-party support is absolutely dog

Because Nintendo doesn't have Call of Duty, Battlefield, Madden, Final Fantasy, Persona, GTA, etc..... as great as their exclusives are they aren't enough for me personally and apparently for those buying Xbox and PS4 instead.

sully1311 said:

I've never grown up on Nintendo platforms. For me it was the Megadrive II, then PS1, PS2, PS3. So Nintendo has never appealed to me. Only Nintendo game I enjoy and have played frequently is Mario Kart, and I'm not spending £200 for 1 game. Plus the third-party support is absolutely dog

What is a Megadrive 2? A SEGA Genesis?

Around the Network

?!?!.

It's very simple , Nintendo cannot compete alone versus all the third party publishers/developers that exist and don't port their games in Wii U.

(And also don't forget that from playstation 1 era and afterwards , there are a lot of people that have playstation in their minds as their console of preference, playstation 1 & 2 conquered opossition)

Microsoft and Sony have also picked up a lot of casuals, prob ones Nintendo hoped would flock to their system. Wii U is predominantly owned by Nintendo fans and gamers.

TaMpAbLaCk said:
sully1311 said:

What is a Megadrive 2? A SEGA Genesis?

Yea they were called Megadrive's here in the UK (and Europe I believe)

Quite simply because the main part of the market are the so called bro's. These people can't tell a good game from a bad and are easily influenced by the media. Sony and microsoft (and western third parties) know this and spend obscene ammounts of money to reach these people and make them think their latest game is the coolest and will allow them braging rights in their friend circle.

Nintendo ignores that segment and doesnt spend crazy ammounts of money on advertisement, wich in turn makes their popularity with said segment lower. Nintendo sells less systems, gains bad rep in the internet but makes a profit.