By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742
Robbie2010 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Burek said:

You're still so hung up on those exclusives, as if you haven't read almost 200 posts from people saying they don't buy WiiU because of its lack of 3rd party titles.

It doesn´t make it worse, I understand their point, but not agree, at the end of the day exclusives make a console, ps4 and One are just weak PCs with the same games, they are so forgettable, if you play with PC you are not going to want a ps4 or a One... ever. WiiU has something unique, by now is the one with the best exclusives, no question about it, and 2015 looks better on it´s library than 2013 or 2014 so.... Yeah, is the best console of this generation, no doubts for me, and the main reason of its sales is not having a powerfull hardware, THAT´S ALL, because even if Wii U had Gta V or the new Cods (the main reason for like the 50% of players today to buy a console) they wouldn´t play it on WiiU, because is not as powerfull as the other so is not cool, and  graphics are everything today for the market. So it doesn´t matter if it doesn´t have the same games as ps4, One and PC have, because nobody wants to play it on a Wii U so... lack of third party support is not an argument for me, people want quantity... ok... I want quality. And the classic of this generation is going to be WiiU, I don´t see any reasons to ps4 and One to be remembered, but i´m sure WiiU will be.

Oh it will be remembered alright.   It will be remembered as the worst selling Nintendo home console of all time.  Nintendo went from their best selling to their worst in one generation.  I feat that will never be repeated.

It will be remembered as the great console that is, and how unfair was the fact of selling poor, now everyone thinks Dreamcast was a beast, an unfair fail, but I remember people talking shit about it at the moment, bercause te cool thing was the playstation... an so it died, and now is great... Well, WiiU follows the same way but without givin up after 2 years. It will be remembered as a great console, you will see.

Around the Network

I'm a PC gamer but if I wasn't Id still want to play Dragon Age, Batman, Tekken, Need for Speed and the like. Those experiences don't exist on the Wii U and no amount of retail games rated above 85 can change that. Also, I like 1080p sooo.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

This is why.

1. We all like multiplatform games. Wii U get no or limited 3rd party support.
2. Most of us prefer/like Sony/Microsoft 1st party games. There is no Killzone/Halo on Wii U.
3. Many of want the quality in games be higher than in the previous console. Wii U is only slightly stronger than PS3.

Don't copy random editorials.

Because people don't see value in Nintendo's games? I have the same choice with Xbox. I only want Halo. But that's not value enough to make me buy one.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Does wiiu have dragon age, infamous, the last of us, gta5? will the wii U get bloodborn, the witcher 3, metal gear solid, uncharted 4 , mass effect 4 , final fantsy 15 , no mans sky, fallout 4 and elders scrolls games etc ? no ? then you have your answer right there.

This, so much this. I dont know why its hard to udeerstand. People REALLY like these games. We rarely use wods like "fun" to describe them but we wouldnt play them if they were "boring" now would we.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

sorry but gta online on next gen hardware is too epic

UltimateUnknown said:

Today I present a very fundamental question to my fellow charterz.

Why is it that people are buying the PS4  in droves while the Wii U is left behind in the dust (8.81 mil) despite being out in the market for twice the amount of time? If you ask the Nintendo fans around here (and even many critics), they will tell you that the Wii U has some of the highest rated games amongst all consoles. So what gives?

Do these people not know about the Mario's latest expedition in 3D world, or even his 2D adventures? Do they not want to partake in the festivities of kicking the s**t out of your opponent in the next installment of Smash? Don't they want to experience the 8th variant of Nintendo's premier Kart racing? What's stopping them from trying out the niche outings such as Boyanetta 2 and Wonderful 101? They even have the tried and tested Zelda franchise to look forward to in 2015, with a little bit of Kirby thrown in the mix for good measures. And who doesn't love the look of Splatoon?

Yet why do people insist on buying the PS4/Xbone and not the Wii U? What is going on here? What can Nintendo do to bring these people over from the other camps?

I don't understand. You put vg chartz 8.81 for wii u. Yet you but 10 mil for Xbox One even though it's at 10.8 mil on vg chartz. Why are you trying to make the difference look smaller between the wii u than it is? 

Edit:I accidentally deleted the numbers I meant to bold. So you'll have to look at the original OP for proof that you're trying to make the xbox one seem smaller in sales in comparison to its peers. 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Goodnightmoon said:
Burek said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Robbie2010 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It doesn´t make it worse, I understand their point, but not agree, at the end of the day exclusives make a console, ps4 and One are just weak PCs with the same games, they are so forgettable, if you play with PC you are not going to want a ps4 or a One... ever. WiiU has something unique, by now is the one with the best exclusives, no question about it, and 2015 looks better on it´s library than 2013 or 2014 so.... Yeah, is the best console of this generation, no doubts for me, and the main reason of its sales is not having a powerfull hardware, THAT´S ALL, because even if Wii U had Gta V or the new Cods (the main reason for like the 50% of players today to buy a console) they wouldn´t play it on WiiU, because is not as powerfull as the other so is not cool, and  graphics are everything today for the market. So it doesn´t matter if it doesn´t have the same games as ps4, One and PC have, because nobody wants to play it on a Wii U so... lack of third party support is not an argument for me, people want quantity... ok... I want quality. And the classic of this generation is going to be WiiU, I don´t see any reasons to ps4 and One to be remembered, but i´m sure WiiU will be.

That is obviously not the case. If by your words exclusives make a console and by your thinking Wii U has the best exclusives, then the Wii U wouldn't be in the bad shape that it is in right now. Obviously one of your theories is incorrect. Either the Wii U does not have the best exclusives or Exclusives do not make a console.

Thanks jlmurph!

Skullwaker said:
kinisking said:
Skullwaker said:
It's a reverse philosophy of "Too much 'pew pew', not enough new new."

Yeah because Nintendo ip's are so much newer. also people like fps, don't understand why theyres such a stigma around it, it's not any less of a genre than platforming 

You're missing my point entirely. Although I wasn't being 100% serious, my point is that people like to stick with things they are familiar with. Most people left from the 7th gen were more casual gamers that only spent time on games like CoD and Battlefield, and they immediately transfered over to the 8th gen so they could play these same games with superior graphics. They're afraid of trying something new to them. They prefer to play just FPS games, and I'm not saying there's anything inherently wrong with that, but it's the truth.

And the Nintendo fans transfered over to the 8th gen so they could play games with something new to them, right?

"New" Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D Land... sorry... World, Super Smash Bros., The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Donkey Kong Country, Pikmin, Dynasty... sorry... Hyrule Warriors, Monster Hunter, Mario & Sonic Olympic Games, Wii Fit, Lego games, Rayman, Skylanders, Just Dance, Disney Infinity... these are the bestsellers.

Complete new gaming experiences they couldn't get on other Nintendo systems with less glitter. ;)

I seriously dont know, my PS4 is a dust collector because of the lack of fun games and I play my Wii U daily because of the fun games it has. The lack of a really good internet infrastructure, generic shooters and so called "mature" content would be my guess as to why it doesnt sell as much as it's competitor. Oh and also the lack of advertisement, the name and probably the gamepad (as awesome as it is)

Hopefully Nintendo has something up their sleeve, and hopefully the games they arent talking about to be released on the console is a huge third party game.