By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't the people who buy a PS4/Xbone buy a Wii U instead?

Which console's library is better?

Wii U 331 44.61%

PS4 282 38.01%

Xbone 52 7.01%

Yo Mama 77 10.38%

Total:742

You can add a hard drive to it! Ive got 300Gb filled up good that ive got a 1TB hard drive attached.

Kiddy looking dont mean good gameplay.. AC Unity good looking but poor gameplay

Around the Network

1.More of the games they want to play are on PS4/X1 and the majority are major 3rd party titles.

2.The games on PS4/X1 are actually upgraded, not just PS3/360 versions with a map on the gamepad.

3.None of the hyped games were/are coming to the Wii U (GTA5/Destiny/AC Unity/COD/Dragon Age/Far Cry/Evolve/Witcher/Batman/ Battlefield/Starwars/Final Fantasy XV/Final Fantasy Type 0/The Devision/Mirrors Edge/Cyberpunk.

4.PS4/X1 were born with hype, Wii U borne with confusion and lack of marketing. My Sister who has a wii only realised what Wii U was when Mario Kart 8 came out.

5.No associations with Nintendo and their favourite franchises.

6.No associations with Nintendo and competitive online gaming.

7. Strong association with the term ''wii'' and that 2008 fad/console that is now sitting in the cuboard unused for the last 4 years. 

cballs123 said:
You can add a hard drive to it! Ive got 300Gb filled up good that ive got a 1TB hard drive attached.

Kiddy looking dont mean good gameplay.. AC Unity good looking but poor gameplay

Thats bull. Unity just took the gameplay to the next level. Its much smoother in the next gen version. It makes last gens versions look bad with the lack of animation quality in the movesets and the traversal is much smoother to boot. The mo cap was awesome for this game. The glitches got fixed and thats what broke AC Unity in the first place. Once the glitches got fixed the majority of the arguments about Unity got thrown out of the window.

Paatar said:

I swear half the time it isn't preference. Most of the time, people who haven't bought a Nintendo console in a while, haven't played Mario and don't really remember how fun it is. (Same with other games like Pikmin and Mario Kart) THey feel it isn't "mainstream" and "cool" to own a Wii U even though it has the best library of games right now. I mean, if Smash, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Hyrule Warriors, ZombiU and if future releases like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U, Splatoon and Star Fox U don't want people to want the Wii U, what will? (I know those WILL be system sellers)

My point is, even if all those games they love were on the Wii U, they still would not get it. So I wouldn't consider it preference because half the time they just haven't owned Nintendo in a long time and don't think it is "cool". (Whereas yes, sometimes it is preference)

I own a Wii U and honestly I will take a ton of games on my PS4 over ANY Wii U game. (Ask me again after Zelda U)

Battlefield 4, Terraria, Dragon Age, The Last of Us. I could name more if I really wanted to think about it. I like Nintendo but I only get in the mood for Nintendo games about one day a month. 

For me 

PS4

If you only wanted exclusives (because third parties do not exist?) then yes the Wii U wins. 

SuperShrooms said:
I think some people are ashamed to play kiddy looking games. Like it effects their manlihood or something. They only want to play realistic looking games or games with blood and guns. If you ask me real men play Nintendo :P

You're you're pulling is a psychological defense mechanism just because certain people call Nintendo kiddy. Real men play whatever they want because real men make their own decisions and it doesn't matter which platform they choose. Nintendo knows they aim after kids and families. Its their MO just like Disney. It doesn't mean they don't want the core gamers either. If they would work their issues out with third party when developing their consoles they wouldn't have an issue. When Nintendo develops a console they only develop their consoles with themselves in mind. Third parties have to design around their specs and if they arent market leader theres no point in that. 

Around the Network

Have been raised not having Nintendo as primary platform. Family wasn't rich and here the Nintendo games were always obscenely expensive.

Had Atari until my 8y, then genesis until 15 then playstation... But played all Nintendo consoles on neighbor.

Nowadays I have all previous gen Nintendo consoles and like several of their games but preffer Sony IPs.

What a lot of Nintendo fans brag about, the games not losing value is something that in here seems more like "too much to ask for a game", I don't value any Nintendo game (or much of most games) more than 30 bucks, so Nintendo HW just get attractive to me a gen later, while ps I can buy a game for 20 a year after release.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They can't afford a Wii U. Simple as that.

The Wii U is the only luxury console on the market. It doesn't do everything. But what it does it excels at it.

Most people buy for value. And you've to put gameplay, beloved characters and a new controller over raw processing power. Something not many people are willing to do if they are unsure...

1st motive: bad Nintendo marketing (almost non-existent, in my opinion). Agressive Sony and MS marketing/advertising

2nd motive: Fifa

3rd motive: Call of Duty

4th motive: Assassin´s Creed

I think it's because they're missing entire genres to be honest, if you're a platforming fan, or a party game fan then the wii u has you covered. However, its a tougher sell to ask someone whose into racing games, first person shooters, realistic sports games or RTS' to pick up a Wii u as they have maybe one game for each of those genres as opposed to the competition.

As someone who loves horror and first person shooters can someone explain to me what the wii u would offer to me that the competition wouldn't?

I dont see whats hard to understand, clearly, even when divided between two consoles, people still much prefer the games available on xbox one and ps4 to the ones found on wiiu, if they didnt then the wiiu wouldnt be sat and staying in, last place would it?

As much as nintendo fans doth protest, in general people simply like the other consoles more.