By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Kirby and the Rainbow Curse even have a chance of selling well?

Metallox said:
It's going to tank very hard. Just wait and see.

The game is launching in the wrong place and in the wrong time.

this has been said many times about many wii u games and is proven wrong 95% of the time.

Kirby and the rainbow curse should be able to sell 500k+

Around the Network

Well, probably is going to be a flop and that´s a pitty because Canvas Curse was great and this seems even better. It has the chance of convince people with it´s nice art cover and it´s good price, and probably will get good scores too (expecting maybe a 80 on metacritic) I just don´t think is going to have a big launch week, but probably, if it is good, it will have nice legs, so it will hit the 0.5m wall, but i´m not sure if is going to do it on 2015, seems like a good Xmas release, not a February one.

Something like 500K will be amazing for such a game.

Will it sell 1 million+ probably not. Will it sell enough to make a profit most likely. I doubt this game had a massive budget so its not like it needs to pull CoD numbers

It'll sell enough to make a profit. Kirby is an easily recognizable character and the franchise has been on fire lately. Plus it's a cheaper title so that will draw in more purchases. It'll be fine.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Yoshi, on the other hand, being also a cute colorfull 2d platformer seems like is going to sell so much better, i´m even getting a little hyped for Yoshi sales, only a little, but for Kirby... nop, it´ll make profit, that´s for sure.

It will generate profit, thats for sure.

Hopefully, though I wont be helping the cause.

Kirby could use a break. Soooo many other franchises that deserve the spotlight more than that pink bastard...

KLXVER said:
Kirby could use a break. Soooo many other franchises that deserve the spotlight more than that pink bastard...

Huh? Kirby rarely gets games at all.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert