By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What cheat codes have remained in your memory to this day?

R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down, Down

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down, Down

That one was my favorite

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

shloob said:
what;s funny is the stage select code i remember for teenage mutant ninja turtles 2 the arcade game is d d d d d r r r r r r r B A select start

The blood code for MK1 d u l l a r d

and debug for mk2 on sega saturn l d l r d r l l r r

Good 'ol MK1 blood code. :D That takes me back.

The cheat code that is forever burned into my memory is the Sonic 2 stage select and debug code: go into the sound test, and play BGMs 19, 65, 9 and then 17. When you hear a chime, go back to the main menu and back to the sound test, and it will be replaced with a stage select.

Can't believe I'm the first to mention (in my mind) the most famous of all, the Konami Code:

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, , *Select, Start

* if i remember correctly you added the select into most games when playing two player.

I did see someone mention Contra but they didn't give the code.

The_Yoda said:
Can't believe I'm the first to mention (in my mind) the most famous of all, the Konami Code:

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, , Start

* if i remember correctly you added the select into most games when playing two player.

I did see someone mention Contra but they didn't give the code.

Oh yeah has anyone gotten this code to work on Wii U virtual console games, I've tried it on several without success ...

Around the Network

L+Down, R+C-Right, R+C-Up, L+Right, L+C-Down, R+C-Up, L+Right, R+Down, L+Left, L+R+C-Right

The codes in dark forces lapostal for weapons lapogo to be able to get to high places laskip to skip the level
Lost Vikings I remember several of the level paswords don't know if that counts
The code for skipping a level in Aladdin

Sonic the hedgehog, at the title screen press up, down left, right, A, start. You will hear a kerching and if my memory serves me correct you have a stage select. I once managed to get a semi playable hidden palace stage on Sonic 2 using an action replay cartridge.

none

but I know all the combos in tekken tag tournament and its been 15 years.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Donkey Kong Country 3: L-R-R-L-R-R-L-R-L-R

MERRY - Christmas-themed bonus
WATER - Secret waterfall cave, all bonus coins
COLOR - Change characters colors
MUSIC - Sound test

Yoshi's Island:

Hold select and press X-X-Y-B-A to play minigames.