By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Majora's Mask Limited Edition Bundle Completely SOLD out!

I had the chance but didn't want to pre-order it. I'll take the wait and see approach with this one.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
I had the chance but didn't want to pre-order it. I'll take the wait and see approach with this one.

What exactly led you to hold off might I ask?

Assyrian612 said:
Wagram said:

What exactly led you to hold off might I ask?

Too many games in the backlog. Doubt I will ever have the time. If it comes out glowing then I may purchase it sometime down the road.

Its just a limited edition. If you are a collector and must have that figurine - the ebay scalpers have something for you.

Otherwise just wait for the game and have fun with it...

archer9234 said:

That's right on a lot of things. Not the GC adapter. That was up for preorder when they first anounced it. You had months and months to preorder it. Yeah, you can argue. "But I didn't know it was gonna be limited." Just get use to preordering stuff. I got my PS4 on launch day, because I preordered it the day it revealed. And I got my GC adapter. Didn't have to buy the bundle, or pay rediculess prices for one. Because I preorded the game and adapter, when they first came up to do it.

So what? You excuse Nintendo disability to stuff their channels with the right amount of GCC adapters by saying "you had month and months to preorder it".

the GCC adapter ISN'T LIMITED and it is ESSENTIAL for most Smash gamers...

Around the Network

Well, it's at least TRULY limited!

mine said:
archer9234 said:

That's right on a lot of things. Not the GC adapter. That was up for preorder when they first anounced it. You had months and months to preorder it. Yeah, you can argue. "But I didn't know it was gonna be limited." Just get use to preordering stuff. I got my PS4 on launch day, because I preordered it the day it revealed. And I got my GC adapter. Didn't have to buy the bundle, or pay rediculess prices for one. Because I preorded the game and adapter, when they first came up to do it.

So what? You excuse Nintendo disability to stuff their channels with the right amount of GCC adapters by saying "you had month and months to preorder it".

Yes. You had half a year to preorder one. Plus, right before launch the stocks were going out. Smash is a huge game. Why would you not protect yourself from sell outs. Weather it's the game, GC controller, or adapter. Whenever I buy stuff that I know will have a high demand. I don't take chances. I preorder, and worry about getting the money later on. I was badly burned with Wii, when it came out. I had to wait intill April, pay a higher price, and get a box that had a hole in it. Waiting in restock lines. Only to find out they sold out 30 mins before I got there. The staff didn't care to notify anyone.

archer9234 said:
mine said:
archer9234 said:

Yes. You had half a year to preorder one. Plus, right before launch the stocks were going out. Smash is a huge game. Why would you not protect yourself from sell outs. Weather it's the game, GC controller, or adapter. Whenever I buy stuff that I know will have a high demand. I don't take chances. I preorder, and worry about getting the money later on. I was badly burned with Wii, when it came out. I had to wait intill April, pay a higher price, and get a box that had a hole in it. Waiting in restock lines. Only to find out they sold out 30 mins before I got there. The staff didn't care to notify anyone.

The problem with all of this is not preordering to insure you get one, but the scalpers who completely raid the preorders like a pack of barbarians. We all at some point had the option to preorder, but some of us had our own reasons for not preordering. I didn't think the adapter would be so hard to get since the Wii U wasn't a massive ball of success and I hate Gamestop. Little did I know a few days after release they were insanely sold out. I even talked to a Nintendo kiosk guy at a local mall who was upset he didn't scalp an insane amount of GC adapters. Wth kind of market is this? I need to feel pressured to get every single product? It's not fair to the consumer and sets a stage for these scalpers to abuse the system.

It's refreshing to see a limited edition actually be limited for once. Publishers just slap that label on everything and it's completely lost all meaning.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!