By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan: Updated with Media Create and Famitsu to Dec 28.

Ouch the PS4 is selling really bad.

Around the Network

great legs

GTAV PS4 over 100k in Japan! Pretty amazing considering it's a remaster of a western title on a console with a small userbase. It will probably leg it to 200k+. It's already over 1m on PS3+PS4 combined

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Yep gratz gta5 now a PS 1 million seller. Ouch for vita and Wii U. Big you declines. I expect ps4 be up a lot next Xmas as it actually has good Japanese games releasing.

Ninsect said:
Where's Media Create? There were some big discrepancies last week.

Anyhow, it seems WiiU bucked the typical trend for Nintendo consoles this week and actually went up while 3DS remained stable. It should drop next week though while PS hardware gets another boost iirc.

Media Create is tomorrow I believe

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Yep gratz gta5 now a PS 1 million seller. Ouch for vita and Wii U. Big you declines. I expect ps4 be up a lot next Xmas as it actually has good Japanese games releasing.

Games we know of? So far March-April looks amazing and will boost PS4 sales but for xmas we have no releasedates of some big games or do we?

zorg1000 said:
Ninsect said:
Where's Media Create? There were some big discrepancies last week.

Anyhow, it seems WiiU bucked the typical trend for Nintendo consoles this week and actually went up while 3DS remained stable. It should drop next week though while PS hardware gets another boost iirc.

Media Create is tomorrow I believe

Misleading title in that case

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

PS Vita and PS4 are ok, but where is Star Nova.... :(

It is of the interest of Japanese third party developers than Playstation 4 succeeds. With Sony their relationship is completely complementary "you put the console, we put the games", with Nintendo they have to compete with the games of the console maker.
Eventually Final Fantasy and other jrpgs, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Street Fighter and all the Fighting games will be released. It is impossible for the PS4 to not sell well eventually.

GamechaserBE said:
Kerotan said:

Games we know of? So far March-April looks amazing and will boost PS4 sales but for xmas we have no releasedates of some big games or do we?

FFXV, unless we believe that game is never releasing.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com