By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces 18.5 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold WW

kowenicki said:
walsufnir said:
Btw, PS+ numbers is PS4+PSV+PS3 combined, right?

yes

I really would like to see how this breaks up. Do we have numbers on how many they had before PS+ release? Or do we have detailed numbers from Bungie how many people play Destiny broken up to each platform?

I am wondering how many people actually pay for online on PS4.

Around the Network

Very impressive numbers. Shame the overtracking here puts a damper on it.

walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:
walsufnir said:

yes

I really would like to see how this breaks up. Do we have numbers on how many they had before PS+ release? Or do we have detailed numbers from Bungie how many people play Destiny broken up to each platform?

PS+ had 2.1 million subscribers before the launch of PS4.

Kresnik said:

Yeah, at the beginning of the year I was expecting something around 15 million, so I should be blown away by this success (well I still am) but I can't help feeling a little disappointed now that vgchartz suggested numbers to be so much bigger.

walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:
walsufnir said:

yes

We know that PS+ subscriptions have been growing significantly since the release of the PS4, I'm almost certain that a large majority (like 85%+) of PS+ owners have a PS4.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:
walsufnir said:

yes

Sony stated long time ago that previous to PS4 they had less than 2m. So, it is safe to assume that at least 9m (50%) pay for it on PS4, even if we disregard all last gen owners who upgraded. 

Congratz Sony.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

kowenicki said:
GTAexpert said:
walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:
walsufnir said:

yes

PS+ had 2.1 million subscribers before the launch of PS4.

Before the launch of the multiplayer tie in you mean

Yeah however you put it. But even then this is impressive, just shows how many people use their PS4's as SP-only game console.

Kresnik said:

Indeed, take these numbers by themselves and theyre awesome. Tell someone at the start of the year it would have done this well, and they would have loved it. Just the difference in expectations now I suppose, but that shouldn't take anything off of the awesome performance. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

So it's safe to assume we don't know how much as I get to here different numbers on PS+ subscriptions which came with PS4.