By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces 18.5 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold WW

Great sales for a good platform, will be interesting to see it sale when it becomes great it self.

Around the Network

I don't understand WHY the PS4 is selling so many units considering most of it's games are available on last gen and there aren't that many new good ones to play. WHY? Are Uncharted, TLOU and Bloodborne that good or are they just more of the same we saw last gen? I don't understand this brand loyalty/sheep mentality.

Is the PS4 attracting a younger generation of players? I bet that's part of it along with the brand loyalty and the expectation of another mindblowing last gen experience.

There's a very clever definition of insanity Einstein told the world: "insanity is doing the same thing again and again, expecting different results."

Iluvatar211 said:
I don't understand WHY the PS4 is selling so many units considering most of it's games are either available on last gen and there aren't that many new ones to play. WHY? Are Uncharted, TLOU and Bloodborne that good or are they just more of the same we saw last gen? I don't understand this brand loyalty/sheep mentality.

Is the PS4 attracting a younger generation of players? I bet that's part of it along with the brand loyalty and the expectation of another mindblowing last gen experience.

There's a very clever definition of insanity Einstein told the world: "insanity is doing the same thing again and again, expecting different results."

Maybe they dont share your opinion and want to play those games on a new system, maybe you would understand if you were not so closed minded.

For many $400 is pocket change, id gladly pay that not to have to play a game on a 7th gen system.

Cute try with the quote, does not fit rest of your post and is a pretty pointless attempt to look smart.

How much did PS3 do in its first 13 months?

walsufnir said:
Btw, PS+ numbers is PS4+PSV+PS3 combined, right?

Obviously as 1 sub covers all platforms, you dont have to sub for each one.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:

Not obvious what I meant, obviously. The number is not in direct relation to sold PS4 systems.

I keep hearing how people are disappointed with 18.5 million sold for PS4. Seriously? We just found out the PS4 won the UK and pretty much everywhere else. That means the U.S. is the only place it didn't win. What numbers are we expecting for the other consoles?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:

Not obvious what I meant, obviously. The number is not in direct relation to sold PS4 systems.

How would they even track that, there is so many ways to get a sub even on PC, mines been auto renewing since PS3, but i still use it on Vita and PS4, so what sub would my console be attached too. 

All they need is North America. Sony just have uk back. Sony got every consol around WW. The only thing last is the U.S.

Noctisluciscaelum said:
All they need is North America. Sony just have uk back. Sony got every consol around WW. The only thing last is the U.S.

What? The PS4 is the leading console in the US...........SINCE DAY 1

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)