By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces 18.5 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold WW

Stolen from GAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=965548

http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/release/20150106_ps4_global_sales.html

Taken from Shane Bettenhausen's Twitter post a few minutes ago.

Google translation of first paragraph:

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) to sell "PlayStation 4" (PS4 ™), the New Year's holiday shopping season of 2014 ※ 1 in 410 million units ※ 2 to achieve a more real sales, 2015 1 worldwide total actual sales volume is 18.5 million units in the month the 4th time ※ 3 was exceeded. Continue, has continued to spread expansion in history "PlayStation" hardware fastest ever.

Also, 10.9 million Plus accounts:

In addition, masterpiece game on PSN℠ that can be enjoyed on the number and time of without limitation free or "free play", that can be network play and cooperation play in other players and PS4 ™ "online multiplayer", etc., subscriber only features the number of subscribers and benefits membership services "PlayStation Plus" available (PS Plus) has exceeded the total 10.9 million at January 2, 2015.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Dammit Badir!

I need da points Kapi, be understanding!

Noicee! Congrats to Playstation 4! Too bad it wasn't 20 million though, great numbers none the less

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

as of 2. Januar?

Wow so ps4 was overtracked here

VGChartz has gone from heavily undertracking PS4 to heavily overtracking PS4

Around the Network

Overtracked here, but still those are outstanding numbers. Will breeze by 20 Million by March.

So what date are we talking about?

I guess we will hear more about this at the CES keynote?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The hell? Pretty weird that it sold that little during the holidays.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I was just about to post this, but yeah we're overtracking it then. Doesn't make the numbers any less amazing though.

Going to post early and put a warning in pre-emptively for everyone to keep on-topic and to avoid personal insults. Hopefully it won't come to that however.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

vivster said:
So what date are we talking about?

I guess we will hear more about this at the CES keynote?

Looks like as of January 4th.