By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: The 500 Greatest Games

How Pokemon Snap got 257th is beyond me.

Great job on the list can't imagine how much work this took.

Around the Network
episteme said:
Great job, smeags!

I'm not sure if it was mentioned somewhere, but how does the counting system work?
1 point for every game mentioned or 1 point for #50 and 50 points for #1?

Both the positioning of a game in a top 50, as well as how many times a game appears across multiple lists is important to how the game is ranked overall.

1. gets you 1 point. 50. gets you 50 points. If a game doesn't appear in a list it gets 75 points. The less points the better. Tiebreakers go to the game who has more votes.

Seeing your thread brings a tear to my eye. So much effort! Congratulations Smeags.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Damn I've only played 49 of those...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Nice list. All three Mass Effect games in the Top 100. :)

Sonic CD being below Sonic Heroes though is a bit saddening. Sonic Heroes on the list in general is interesting in itself.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
st0pnsw0p said:
>SM64 #2
>OoT #1

How original.

Good enough list I guess, though I really have to question how Other M made it in.

SM64 is so average. Played it first in 2010. Nostalgia I guess?

Nostalgia, brand-recognition and the fact that it was one of the first 3D platformers ever, I imagine. Some people are quick to forgive flaws in a game if it was revolutionary, especially so if they played and liked it back then. Same with Goldeneye and FFVII making it into the top 50, I suppose.

I played it when the N64 was still current-gen and I never liked it much. The Banjo games did the 3D platformer genre so much better.

Anyways, it looks like played about 85 of these games and I have a few in my backlog right now that I'll get to later this year. Glad to see that Super Meat Boy and Half-Life are fairly low on the list (so overrated).

Amazing job man. Glad to see Super Metroid almost breaking the top 10.

PenguinZ said:

Nice list. All three Mass Effect games in the Top 100. :)

Sonic CD being below Sonic Heroes though is a bit saddening. Sonic Heroes on the list in general is interesting in itself.

Also note Beyond: Two Souls is on there too, with a worse Meta Score (70).

I'm curious to see what the worst rated game on this list is...

Ka-pi96 said:
Great work Smeags. A very impressive job you've done!

Absolutely delighted about Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII getting #471, didn't expect it to make the list at all
Halo CE being above Halo 3 looks a little odd.
And I'm glad FF 7,8,9 & 10 were above 12

Didn't know you were such a Dinasty Warrior-esque lover :O

Also, agreed. CE should be below Halo 3. So should Halo 2.

Destiny is too low.