By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the PlayStation 4 ever get a proper Halo-like game?

Bokal said:
Galahaddy said:
I don't want one

And aside from that Battlefield (when it works) is my favorite shooter, so i dont need another one.

Also Killzone had a lot of potential but in my opinion it failed to deliver, i wouldve liked it to keep the heavy feeling of the characters and guns and for it to have bigger maps and with more vehicles (Killzone 3 had a Mecha so i dont see why they couldnt add more of that), i understand this would make it closer to Battlefield (and a lot of people dont like that) but... well i do like Battlefield a lot XD, but i always thought Killzone setting was better.

also im not a fan of shooters were you have to empty a magazine on a guy in order to kill him...

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
I think the real question is if the X1 will ever get a proper Halo-like game

Too far?

Groundking said:
Personally I don't like Halo, and why do we need a 'propper Halo-like game'?

IMO We're the enriched community, with almost every genre covered/soon to be covered the only genre of games sony first part haven't touched really in a while is the JRPG. What does MS have? A FPS, a Third-person shooter, a racing game and a RPG, that's been crap for half a decade.

I take that as an opinion and most people don't think that.

Proud to be a Californian.

I don't see the need. Each console has its own "game"-like games. Too many games have tried to push the "halo-killer" logo on it, then fail to deliver. Thing is, games that try to approach this angle will always fail to deliver. If it ever happens, then good for the developer capable of achieving it. But doing it for the sake of having the same oranges in PS that there are in Xbox is dumb.

I hope not because it could be a rip-off Halo.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
what is a "proper halo like game"? and why do PS gamers want that?

Are you suggesting that Halo is the best FPS on the planet?

Even Halo as bungie left it isn't "proper halo" anymore.

Lastly, PS platform did just fine for 2 generations without "Halo". And this gen its off to a better start than any PlayStation platform before it. I think we will be just fine thanks.

I said some of them I didn't say all of them.

Proud to be a Californian.

There are way enough multiplayer FPS on the market IMO

Halo 5 will come to the PS4

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Why would PS fans want a Halo like game? We expect high quality from our first party games.

- M, Carl

The PS5 Exists. 

What for? So it gets called a ripoff or a cheap copy by everyone every time? I rather not have a Halo-like game. I prefer an exclusive original game with a lot of effort put into it. Be it a Western RPG or an Action-Adventure game.