By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the PlayStation 4 ever get a proper Halo-like game?

I don't care for one, give me another Killzone or Resistance and Il be happy.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
BMaker11 said:

Will the XBone ever get a "proper Uncharted-like game"? Will the PS4 ever get a "proper Fable-like game"? Will the XBone ever get a "proper Infamous-like game"? Will PS4 ever get a "proper Crackdown-like game"?

These consoles don't need to be clones of each other. They already share 95% of their library. Why do you want them to be even more similar? Either you accept the PS and XB for what they are (and the differences they have in gameplay experiences) or you, subconsiously or not, just want 1 console on the market. Pick one.

Why do you think they paid for Rise of the Tomb Raider?

I mean, yea, they got that to compete with Uncharted, but Tomb Raider to Uncharted is like comparing Prototype to Infamous. Prototype and Infamous are both open world adventure games with super powers, but they're just....different.

I think what OP is asking for is akin to a PS All Stars (compared to Smash), a Project Spark (compared to LBP), or Dante's Inferno (compared to God of War). Basically, a palette swap of Halo for PS. I don't want that. And no one else should, either. You don't buy PS to play "Xbox-like" games, and vice versa.

I was moved by this post I, created an account just to respond.

As I see it, so sad some people actually don't think Destiny is not a proper "Halo" like game.

Not only is it a proper FPS, it's the best one on the market, and an amazing game.

I know the most of the large press/media hate the game. And IMHO too many gamers listen to the game/media instead of playing themselves. (Of course there are some gamers its not their cup of tea)

For all the wrong reasons, media/press don't like it. But even with there dislike, Destiny has over 12 million plays, and is a HUGE heathy community that is growing despite the unfair treatment it got in the press.

Because people who actually play the game and give it a fair shot, and then play with friends, this is the one of, if not THE best game to share with friends. It's just so much fun! 

What do you always hear in the press/media? "no story this, no story that".  Whatever! This is a game! Mario has no oscar-level good story, nor Mario Kart, nor smash bros, nor a million other games that get high praise. Story can be overrated in a game, depending on the game, in the right context.

The story for Destiny it's in there, but it more about the "lore" you discover after playing, and the grimore cards you unlock at Bungie.net. You don't get deep into the lore by playing for a week or two to review it. I feel like I just got into the lore 2-3 months into the game, and I'm glad it had this long of lore, as not to get through it in just a week or two.

But who cares about story, in this context: is it fun to play? (Like Mario kart etc.)

The answer is a resounding YES, and with friends.... This game is soooo fun, you will skip other games to play it, it's that fun. That's why, despite the ridiculous press/media it received, this game is doing amazing. 

The only real problem Destiny launch had was the SUPER-HYPE. What in this wold can live up to hype at this level? Think about this way, when something reaches SUPER-HYPE it's implying it's going to be perfect. What game, or movie, or anything in this world is perfect? 

So if the bar is set at this level, then it's setting a position that is set-up for failure. 

Don't get me wrong, no game is perfect, and Destiny is no exception. But anything glaring Bungie fixes right away. Their support is AMAZING, and really feels like a relationship as a gamer you can count on. That they are supporting the game for another decade is just another reason to jump in now. Good gaming for years to come.

Lastly, there is one Raid in the original disk game, you can't do it till your level 26. It called Vault of Glass. If you have not done this raid, then how can you say you finished the game/explored it fully? As it is the BEST part of Destiny. 

One of my complaints about Destiny is too bad people can't Raid immediately or do it easy, as it would open some people eyes.

But I think that part of the point, if it was easy, it would have no value. Anyone who completes Vault of Glass has my respect, because it takes work, team play, real life effort to get it done.

We are going to be here for a LONG time, I hope one day you join in the fun and become a guardian. 

:) 

BMaker11 said:

Will the XBone ever get a "proper Uncharted-like game"? Will the PS4 ever get a "proper Fable-like game"? Will the XBone ever get a "proper Infamous-like game"? Will PS4 ever get a "proper Crackdown-like game"?

These consoles don't need to be clones of each other. They already share 95% of their library. Why do you want them to be even more similar? Either you accept the PS and XB for what they are (and the differences they have in gameplay experiences) or you, subconsiously or not, just want 1 console on the market. Pick one.

Fable was ruined for me after the first one. Fable 2 was way too easy (You can't die!) and why on Earth did they use something as stupid as hero of will, skill and strength as a plot. :/ Fable 3 made it even worse, and I don't even want to mention the reasons why.

I hope Playstation never gets any "Fable-like game" because that generally means Fable 2/3, and they are garbage IMO.

Anyways... Crackdown and InFamous are pretty similiar in many ways, so that leaves only Uncharted which is pretty close to Tomb Raider, which is now XBone exclusive...

So make that at least 95.99% similiar ;)

MoHasanie said:
GTAexpert said:

I agree then, it wouldn't take long for Killzone 4 to come.

Killzone isn't that great of a series though. The games are good but not as good as Halo, COD, or Bioshock. 

Don't judge it based on Shadow Fall, KZ 2 & 3 are excellent. Resistance 1-3 are also pretty damn good.

COD went to BS after COD4:Modern Warfare, the perks are just laughable nowadays and killstreaks are so overpowered... Okay MW2 & Black Ops were still good, but after that...

Also: Halo is pretty overhyped, and this comes from a Halo 3 veteran that used to play countless hours of split screen with my friend. It is good, but not some kind of ultimate meter upon which all other shooters should be measured, sales are not everything. ;)

Around the Network
celador said:
343i have so far made the weakest mainline Halo (but still very good with an 87 meta), with what I believe is considered the worst multiplayer component of the four games.

I think you should worry if they can stop the decline in quality rather than talking about Playstation. Which based on other comments I have seen you make, you don't exactly care for, calling into question, in my mind, why you would make this thread.

You know I have a Playstation 3 which I mention in the "introduction" thread :

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6923634

so I actually do have playstation exclusives like all the Resistance and Uncharted games as well as both games of Infamous( which belongs to my brother who also got a PS4). 

The reason why this thread was made was a response from what I read a while back when Destiny was going to be mostly promoted on the PS4,(Sony even went  far as saying they are going to treat Destiny as if it is a first part game for them even though it's actually multiplatform) there were people back then that claim that they are going to get their own Halo game which now isn't the case(I just realise that this should have been in the OP) So this is why I am this thread was made.

Proud to be a Californian.