By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the PlayStation 4 ever get a proper Halo-like game?

TheBlackNaruto said:
darkenergy said:
Did anybody ACTUALLY read my post? I said there are SOME PEOPLE not all who would like to play a Halo-like game on the PS4. I also said that the game has a VERY MIXED so that would mean that there are people who enjoyed the game. So PLEASE read the post before making a comment, thanks.

You can't say there were mixed opinions and then just list the negative opinions though. You would have to list both to not seem biased that is what made me write my reply. So people read and responded to the OP.Now if you do not like some of the replies then that is different but most of them are indeed responding to what is in the OP....

You know that some didn't actually responded to the OP and instead went out off topic if you notice.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

I edited the post which I added some positives so there won't be any sort of complaint or accusations.

Proud to be a Californian.

I'm surprised so many PS fans on here have complete disregard for a Halo-style game.

There really is a lack of fun sci-fi multiplayer shooters on the playstation brand with vibrant levels and playful weapons/vehicles. I haven't played destiny but it appears to fulfils that role from a visual standpoint. Whats not Halo enough about it?

Halo 5 is really the only thing that is making me consider getting a Xbox One down the road. It's also the only FPS I really play.

daredevil.shark said:

PS4 doesn't need any halo like games. Playstation never had any mascot and doesn't need it. Because playstation means diversity and variety.

Diversity would include a Halo esque game If we're talking from gameplay/style standpoint.

I always kinda considered Uncharted and God Of War our Halo Replacements. We do have Killzone, but it's never anything too special.

Around the Network

Thinking about it, it really is a gap in the market. Destiny has somewhat fufilled it but I'm surprised more 3rd parties haven't tried to replicate something similar for multiplatform.

There definitely is space for the more Halo, Quake, Unreal Tournament type games out their. latter two franchise are completely dead ATM.

I don't know. Halo is a shooter, aye? PS4 has plenty of shooters already, so...

What's so special about Halo? I only played the first and the second One and I don't remember anything that was an awful lot different from other shooters. Except for that fucking library which I really don't miss at all.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Burek said:
I don't think that anybody that bought a PS4 really expects or wants a Halo-like game. Otherwise they would have bought XBox.
There's Killzone as an exclusive space marines FPS, for those that like that genre, and there's no need to develop another one.

But, in the end, it's not my cup of tea, so even if there was, I wouldn't buy it, just like I didn't buy Killzone.

Killzone is literally worlds apart Halo, even from sci-fi standpoint- coming from a Halo fan and someone who tried to get into KZ3.

''I don't think that anybody that bought a PS4 really expects or wants a Halo-like game.''

lol, you have to give people more credit then this. Having one console doesn't mean that literally everything on another is uninteresting to you. Like I bet Playstion and Xbox fans would love to have a Zelda styled game not just in quality/gameplay but style too. 
Understandbly peeps on here aren't interested but Destiny's sales on PS4 definitely proves there is appetite among the playstation fanbase. It appears to be the closet thing to Halo that isn't Halo.

teigaga said:
I'm surprised so many PS fans on here have complete disregard for a Halo-style game.

There really is a lack of fun sci-fi multiplayer shooters on the playstation brand with vibrant levels and playful weapons/vehicles. I haven't played destiny but it appears to fulfils that role from a visual standpoint. Whats not Halo enough about it?

Halo 5 is really the only thing that is making me consider getting a Xbox One down the road. It's also the only FPS I really play.

Yet if Halo made it to the PS it would sell like hotcakes. ;) 

Samus Aran said:
teigaga said:

Yet if Halo made it to the PS it would sell like hotcakes. ;) 

Prove it.