By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So it would appear Bayonetta 2 has flopped. We need to talk about it.

Which games do you prefer from Nintendo?

Old school games such as ... 187 29.78%

New mature games such as ... 214 34.08%

Yo Mama 225 35.83%

Total:626
uran10 said:
.... why is selling less than a mill considered a flop now?

Probably because after Tecmo Koei said they hope Hyrule Warriors sells over 1 million worldwide, the assumption is selling under 1 million is probably a flop.

Around the Network

Sad thing is if Bayo 2 was on X1 or especially PS4 it would have easily sold over a million by now. I still give Nintendo props for backing the game in the first place, but would it have killed them to promote it a little?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Everyone knew it would flop so there's nothing to talk about.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I would appreciate some research on this to be done BEFORE making a post about it.

Bayonetta 2 did not flop, and has a LARGER install base on the Wii U than the original on the 360 and PS3.

To date, Bayonetta on 360 sold a .90m. Bayonetta on PS3 sold 1.18m. BOTH of those had an install base of 84 MILLION PS3's and 84 MILLION 360's. Now, let us say the Wii U had sold 84m in its lifetime. If you do the math, that would mean Bayonetta 2 would have sold over 4 million. That doesn't seem like a flop to me. The game has legs. Bayonetta the character does too. :)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Took long enough to make this thread. I remember somone, forgot who, said he would make a topic with this exact title in a topic where people were predicting 2 million lifetime for Beyonetta 2.

Around the Network

So... 500k is considered a flop for Bayonetta 2? It'll crawl further, but not being a million seller isn't automatically a flop...

Clyde32 said:
PRrussiaGC said:

Almost all the recent Wii U games have flopped.

Bayonetta is around 500k
Captain Toad has only sold like....200k Units? according to VGC.
Watch Dogs Wii U hasn't passed 10k according to VGC
Lego Batman 3 hasn't even passed 20k Units accroding to VGC.
And Sonic Boom.......

Yeah only title that seems to have not flopped recently is Super Smash U, and I'll be honest, Sales for Smash for Wii U could have been better.

Captain Toad, from what we know, sits at 100K in Japan, which is far from a flop. 

Watch Dogs is at 40K, but I expected less.

You read Lego Batman 3 wrong. Let me correct it. Lego Batman 3 hasn't even passed 200k Units according to VGC

Sonic Boom is currently outpacing Lost World, which is sad. Sits at 110k

Captain Toad, sure it's wasn't a flop, it could have done better of course.

Lego Batman 3 WII U version I mean, which is at 140k according to VGC

I'm guessing they updated Sonic Boom's tracking because earlier it was lower. 

We may never see Bayonetta suck another lollipop in a brand new titles EVER again... Or do that slutty going away walk with those pistol high heels (hence the end of Nintendo making games that make my manhood bulge)

Or... Maybe Nintendo will make a sequel for their Fushion console...

cycycychris said:
PRrussiaGC said:

Bayonetta is around 500k
And Sonic Boom.......

Yeah only title that seems to have not flopped recently is Super Smash U, and I'll be honest, Sales for Smash for Wii U could have been better.

Captain Toad is certainly not a bust. And if you look at people comparing bayonetta sales to the original. It's not doing that bad.

idk if you actually looked these numbers up. Since you originally tracked toad wrong and the other 2 are off also.

Watch Dogs is at 40k (yeah huge flop)

Lego Batman 3 is at 140k(2nd highset of the current Gen versions. Isn't great sales. And should be better. )

sonic is at 110k and lucky to even be that high.

You're right on Captain Toad, and I mean, 500k isn't what I expected for Bayonetta 2, since everyone praised it so much (in my opinion)

Watch Dogs failed, Ubisoft won't probably return to the Wii U unless it's Rayman,Rabbids and/or other indies like they did with Child of light (I believe)

You're right Batman is at 140k, I'm not 100% how much money is put towards the game and the making for the Wii U version, but I doubt that 140k will cover it. Just my believe

I'm guessing that when VGC updated recently they updated Sonic Boom's Sales, because last time I check it's stood over 20k units or something like that. Don't know if 110k was actually profitable for SEGA and Big red button thought.

PRrussiaGC said:
Clyde32 said:
PRrussiaGC said:

Bayonetta is around 500k
And Sonic Boom.......

Captain Toad, from what we know, sits at 100K in Japan, which is far from a flop. 

Watch Dogs is at 40K, but I expected less.

You read Lego Batman 3 wrong. Let me correct it. Lego Batman 3 hasn't even passed 200k Units according to VGC

Sonic Boom is currently outpacing Lost World, which is sad. Sits at 110k

Captain Toad, sure it's wasn't a flop, it could have done better of course.

Lego Batman 3 WII U version I mean, which is at 140k according to VGC

I'm guessing they updated Sonic Boom's tracking because earlier it was lower. 

I think the problem was that you read 100K as 10K for all of them.

And still Captain Toad could have done better, but compared to what? This statement could be applied to literally any game.

This is a small scale game, not a AAA title. And even then, it sold 100K within its first two weeks in the US. Don't call anything a flop until you've seen the long term. Especially anything to do with mario. 

For instance, Mario 3D World sold 99k its first week in Japan, was it a flop?