By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overrated developer?

Troll_Whisperer said:
Chris Hu said:
Easily Activison since they are milking COD and FPS to death and they have so much cash in the bank that they could easily launch a lot of new IP's in different genres or at least they could make another GUN game.

Activision are not a developer though.

But they are in charge and fund all the developers that make the COD games.  Plus since I never played a COD game I wouldn't know which of the three main developers is worse.

Around the Network

Rock star and Nintendo.

After being on this site for 4-5 years and as much as i love the old them...Nintendo by a land slide

Ka-pi96 said:
Chris Hu said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Chris Hu said:
Easily Activison since they are milking COD and FPS to death and they have so much cash in the bank that they could easily launch a lot of new IP's in different genres or at least they could make another GUN game.

But they are in charge and fund all the developers that make the COD games.  Plus since I never played a COD game I wouldn't know which of the three main developers is worse.

Kinda contradictory then, no? If you don't even know the name of the developers then how can they be overrated?

I know the name of the developer COD as a whole is overrated and so is Activision as a publisher they make a mega ton of cash but hardly ever fund any new IP's that aren't FPS.

It would be either Ubisoft or Bungie.

Ubisoft - half baked buggy products, that rely on last gen glory. Very buggy games - AC Unity, Wash Dogs ( Watchdogs ). They hype hype hype the game and then hold the review copies so the game can get some sales. They basicly steal from their customers especially if they buy the game digital. For me I know Ubish*t sux, so if i buy their games i buy them 2nd hand, cheap and then resell them at the price i bought them - meaning they don`t deserve a dime.

Bungie - their games are ok as in they run normally. Not so many bugs from what i know, but they are mediocre. Nothing special. No graphics , no proper campaign. Halo is one of the most stupidest game for me and i am a huge COD fan. Halo feels childish, empty and generic. I don't know how they sell those games. I never had the interest to play more than 30 minutes of any of the Halo games and I have tried them all. Now Destiny is the same cr*p. Graphics are mediocre - compared to COD and TLOU R. and Destiny runs at 30fps...

To sum it up - BUGGY GAMES with SOME, VERY LITTLE INTEREST IN PLAYING GOES TO UBISOFT  , AND LESSER BUGS BUT DULL AS A PANCAKE PAN GOES TO BUNGIE.

Most UNDERRATED DEVELOPERS ARE NAUGHTY DOG AND SUCKER PUNCH. THEIR GAMES ARE PERFECT 10/10 for me !!! THE ONLY BAD THING ABOUT UNCHARTED , TLOU , INFAMOUS is there is NOT ENOUGH:) I need a game from these studios every 3 months. ONE GAME EACH 12 MONTHS IS NOT ENOUGH :)

I'd agree with everyone who has mentioned Bethesda and Rockstar. I find it hard to get into their games given how buggy they are (Bethesda especially) and I don't see a ton of versatility from either of them. Most of their games follow a similar format even if the settings change.

Don't know so much about Naughty Dog, but we'll see in a few years. I'd like to see them keep working on things that aren't the Uncharted series. Aside from TLOU, they don't seem to have shown a lot of versatility.

I believe the two main developers for the CoD series are Treyarch and Infinity Ward, for the record. I don't know if I'd call them overrated, though, since I don't think either studio is really known that well by name, as was illustrated by someone else above.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
I'd say Bethesda, I think they get away with way too many bugs in their games.

They also have the most ambitious and some of the largest games in the industry with near infinite game states, so yea there will be bugs.

I'd say Naughty Dog without a doubt.

Chris Hu said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Chris Hu said:

OK but then that's the definition of a publisher XD

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Chris Hu said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Chris Hu said:

The worst main developer is infinity ward, all of their games have sub-par graphics compared to other cods and they created the abomination that is Call of duty: ghosts.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Troll_Whisperer said:
Chris Hu said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Chris Hu said:

OK but then that's the definition of a publisher XD

OK then I go with all the devopers that ever made a COD game since that is the most overrated franchise of all times with Halo coming in as a close second and Activison is the most overrated publisher with Ubisoft coming in a close second but at least Ubisoft gives us some new IP's on a more frequent basis.

Naughty Dog.