By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overrated developer?

Chris Hu said:
okr said:
I agree with Telltale Games and throw in Double Fine.

Brutal Legend was pretty good though and I'm really not a big fan of Heavy Metal music but just the soundtrack alone is very good.

Brütal Legend was released 5 years ago, Psychonauts (the only real good game they ever developed) ages ago, but okay, I change my vote:

Most overrated: Telltale games

Most disappointing, most broken promises: Double Fine

"I'm the new Peter Molyneux" special award: Tim Schafer

Around the Network

Quantic Dream and Mr. David Cage. Good Lord, Beyond: Two Souls was shit (a pretty big and smelly shit) and people still think they are genius and praise their effort in doing something different. The worst is that David Cage actually believes that and lately he has become one of the most arrogant developers out there. I'll tell you a secret: If you think QD is a master piece-machine studio and that they do super imaginative games, you haven't played enough games in your live.

Chris Hu said:
okr said:

Brutal Legend was pretty good though and I'm really not a big fan of Heavy Metal music but just the soundtrack alone is very good.

Brutal Legend was good until they made the attempt to make some sections a 'strategy game', those sections suck so hard. The game is pretty funny though.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Ka-pi96 said:
Chris Hu said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

OK but then that's the definition of a publisher XD

OK then I go with all the devopers that ever made a COD game since that is the most overrated franchise of all times with Halo coming in as a close second.

So lets say your favourite developer of all time is announced as the maker of the next COD game, would you now consider them incredibly overrated?

That not going to happen since all my favorite developers never made FPS games and never will make a FPS games so there is a zero percent change that any of my favorite developers will ever make a COD game.

How dare you criticize the infallible TellTale!

But seriously I love their works but understand where you're coming from.

I would say Atari after the ways they ruined Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
generic-user-1 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Platinum games and I played The legend of Korra, Bayonetta 1 and I tried Bayonetta 2 with a friend. All games are extremely similar played one played them all.

bayo 1 an 2 are similar, yes, and why in the hell you played korra? maybe try some of the other games?

1. I am a huge fan of the legend of Korra and Avatar series so that's why I played it. I actually enjoyed playing the game. 

2. All three games are similar not just bayo 1 and bayo 2, all three are button mashing games and do not require all the praise they ger especially the bayo series.

STOP FUCKING BUTTON MASHING!!!!

Sorry, but I hate how people do that for no reason at all in Action or Hack + Slash Games like Samurai Warriors. 

Try 3rd climax/hard mode. Multiple Deaths on each chapter guranteed.

osed125 said:
Chris Hu said:
okr said:

Brutal Legend was good until the made the attempt to make some sections a 'strategy game', those sections suck so hard. The game is pretty funny though.

Yeah those sections are pretty weak still overall its a pretty good game with a very good soundtrack and decent story and good humor.

okr said:

I'll agree, too. Although I like Telltale's stuff for the most part and loved the first season of the Walking Dead, they can behave like outright scumbags and don't deserve to be one of the darlings of the industry that they've become. As for Double Fine, they are the kings of coming up with an amazing premise and turning it into a mediocre game. If Tim Schafer weren't such a likeable front man for them people wouldn't be nearly so forgiving of their disappointing games and broken promises.

Multiple people have already said Bethesda, so I'll just......join them by saying Bethesda. They're awful developers.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I think with Rockstar and Naughty dog you have to acknowledge skill when you see it. regardless of whether you like their games of not there are incredibly well done.

But I do agree with Bethesda. They get away with alot more than most due to their name, meaning objectively they are overrated.