By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox on Wii U Will Have a Cockpit View, “Beautiful Cinematics” and More

I'm sure it'll be a good game. Not yet convinced it'll be great though. Considering it is supposed to release before Zelda and we haven't seen anything, makes me think it'll be like Starf Fox 64/Lylat wars. Sweet but short.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Around the Network

Wow! 3rd person on tv and cockpit. Still some how Nintendo haters will still say "they aren't using the pad in any way." Are "looking down at the screen takes me away from the game."

Sounds absolutely awful.

Looking between the two in games like Nintendoland is distracting and annoying, and using the gyro to aim sounds like a massive pain in the arse.

Ooo, a cockpit view, how groundbreaking...

I wonder if the game will also feature branching paths and a combination of land and air / space gameplay.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Hype! Sounds so good!

Around the Network

This serious gameplay view on the Gamepad and cinematic view on the TV reminds me of Scram Kitty (you can even switch the views in that game).

Though both show the gameplay from the same perspective, on the Gamepad the player character is centered and the zoom is static. On the TV they're dynamic, zooming in and out and showing the area around the player. Works very well.

curl-6 said:
Sounds absolutely awful.

Looking between the two in games like Nintendoland is distracting and annoying, and using the gyro to aim sounds like a massive pain in the arse.

This is why it can't be forced, but who knows, like this guy says, Nintendo Land has mini games that require the Gamepad strictly. Still, this is the nature of that game and Star Fox is completely different, should have classic controllers like the first games did.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I hope they also let you switch from third person to first person view on the TV. I have a hard time switching from the TV to the GamePad screen if the TV is not one to two feet away from the GamePad.

NoirSon said:
TheSpindler said:
cycycychris said:

With so much talk about it being cinamatic, it must be comfirmed 30 fps.

OT: But it doesn't sound to bad so far, I just really badly want online multiPlayer in this game. Proper multiPlayer would bring this game to the next level.

More than likely. since It'll be displaying two sperate views simultaneously, and Miyamoto keeps saying how good the game looks.

I keep saying this, but I'm not sure I said it here, but this game will get a lot of hate from tarditional StarFox fans when released because it's going to be too different.

Which I find kinda funny, people keep wanting to see franchises brought back, but what people really want is just the same game with a new, shinier coat.

Speaking as one of those 'people', its not the same game with a shiner coat we want an expansion of the same game with a shiner coat. New levels, challenges and maybe a new feature or vehicile her or there but nothing that over shadows the core of the  game. For a company that keeps putting out clones of Yoshi's Island as sequels after nearly 2 decades you'd think they'd figure out how to get Star Fox right

Clones of Yoshi's Island?  You mean sidescriollers in general?  Because I don't remember too many sidescroller games with a baby you have to catch where you shoot eggs or projectiles....

Well, they had been putting out StarFox games and experimenting with it.  Adventures wasn't a Starfox game imo, they just crobarred in StarFox characters because they could fit in.

This will be my first Star Fox experience, so I'm anticipating how this game turns out. It certainly sounds like nothing else on the console, and for that it has my interest peaked.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread