By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox on Wii U Will Have a Cockpit View, “Beautiful Cinematics” and More

Multishanks said:

Usually people wait until after a game is release to criticize it, but I guess you want to stay ahead of the curve, huh?

I don't need to wait. We already know it's in the game. Forcing a major, unessecary, and ultimately counterintuative gameplay gimmick to the game is a clear reason to criticize it.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Multishanks said:

Usually people wait until after a game is release to criticize it, but I guess you want to stay ahead of the curve, huh?

I don't need to wait. We already know it's in the game. Forcing a major, unessecary, and ultimately counterintuative gameplay gimmick to the game is a clear reason to criticize it.

Maybe we'll be given the choice to aim with the Gamepad OR the control sticks? Some Wii U games let you do this. (ie. Wind Waker)

I am sour at Nintendo when it comes to Star Fox in recent years (they even left a stain on the Star Fox 64 3D by not having Landmasters be available in battle mode) so I am cautiously pessimistic with the hope that I am wrong and they deliver this time around.

I never thought i would not be excited for a new star fox game, but everything we know so far about this game has me worried. Switching between the tv and pad is just an outright bad game design it is unintuitive and unnecessary, I cannot believe has not learned this as yet give it up.

Also this game is supposedly releasing before zelda, yet they could show zelda but have nothing to show for this, which makes me think it is either a remake or remaster of some sort (for eg xenoblade x and wwhd were first shown in the same direct I believe, all we got was still images for wwhd and a full video clip of X, wwhd then released later that year). Don't expect any extensive multiplayer or anything.
I won't get my hopes up for this game

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

spemanig said:
Multishanks said:

Can we at least wait and see some actual footage before jumping to conclusions?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

What if the game is ready practically and they're pulling a Sonic The Hedgehog move like Sega did in 1991 where they had it mostly done the entire year but just showed screenshots to arouse hype

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

spemanig said:
This interview has been posted many times already. My response to it has as well.

I have little faith that this game will be good. There's nothing to signify that players can simply ignore the stupid gamepad gimmick, so I don't understand why that site would say that they can. I don't want to "get serious" by using the gyroscope and looking at a completely separate screen. The gamepad should complement the TV, not distract from it. That's why the gamepad is so perfect in WWHD. This doesn't seem to be the case at all in Star Fox Wii U.

I hated using the wii mote motion controls And feel that it ruined many games too. It was great for wii sports, but after awhile at it, I want to sit and play using buttons or a mouse and keyboard. So I know where your coming from. I'm guessing they will not force people to use the gamepad though.

spemanig said:
Multishanks said:

We don't know if it's forced, it could very well be optional. Like many Wii U games, this is likely to allow multiple control options. Pro Controller and Wii Remote+Nunchuk could be possible, while using the Gamepad allows for certain features not available to the other control schemes, such as first-person cockpit view.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:

I hated using the wii mote motion controls And feel that it ruined many games too. It was great for wii sports, but after awhile at it, I want to sit and play using buttons or a mouse and keyboard. So I know where your coming from. I'm guessing they will not force people to use the gamepad though.

I hope not, but they aren't making it sound like it will be optional. When it was brought up that people might find the gyroscope controls cumbersome, instead of saying that they would be optional and that the game would be perfectly playable without them or the gamepad in general, Miyamoto said that you can just have someone else aim for you using tha gamepad while you fly using a pro controller. He said that's the solution if the standard controls are to "complex" for players. That screams forced and that's not what I want from Star Fox.

I'm not getting too excited, but hopefully it will turn out well!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---