By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox on Wii U Will Have a Cockpit View, “Beautiful Cinematics” and More

Metallox said:
curl-6 said:
Sounds absolutely awful.

Looking between the two in games like Nintendoland is distracting and annoying, and using the gyro to aim sounds like a massive pain in the arse.

This is why it can't be forced, but who knows, like this guy says, Nintendo Land has mini games that require the Gamepad strictly. Still, this is the nature of that game and Star Fox is completely different, should have classic controllers like the first games did.

If it has pr controller support or non-gyro support, I'll buy. 

If not, Miyamoto can go fornicate himself with a cactus.

Around the Network

I've never played a Star Fox game before but I'll definitely get it since you can fly an aircraft. There's not enough airplane or airport games .

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Star Fox games are mostly just rail shooters right? Not really my thing.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I will reserve my judgement until I see some footage of the gameplay in action.

I am sure to like the game but I wish it has massive online potential.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

So happy to hear this, i used cockpit view all the time in 64, was very disappointed it wasn't in the 3ds version.

Around the Network

I'm late to the party but didn't Starfox and SF64 have a first person view from the dickpit?

Make it like Ace Combat. I mean totally rip that series off! Rip it right on off! Toss in some foxes, rabbits, frogs, sheep, falcons, a moose, and whatever other animal Nintendo can think of. I will buy it and I will love it.

snowdog said:
Did none of the people moaning about the first person controls read the article.. ? It clearly says that it's optional and you can play it in third person if you want to right at the beginning of the article.

There are two things GUARANTEED with Nintendo games:

1) The gameplay is going to be as tight as fuck.

2) The game is going to have a ridiculous amount of polish.

Have you all been away from gaming for the last 30-40 years or something..? Lmfao, unbelievable.

THIS. I hope they have wiimote + nunchuck controls cause it's perfect for star fox.

I'll have faith in Miyamoto's game-design skills for now. I'm positive this will be good, but I need to see some footage already!

d21lewis said:
I'm late to the party but didn't Starfox and SF64 have a first person view from the dickpit?

Yes, they did.