By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox on Wii U Will Have a Cockpit View, “Beautiful Cinematics” and More

Star Fox on Wii U Will Have a Cockpit View, “Beautiful Cinematics” and More

In a new interview with iJustine, Shigeru Miyamoto, revealed some interesting new details about the upcoming Star Fox game for the Wii U.

According to Miyamoto, Star Fox will have some pretty significant gameplay changes for the franchise’s first entry on the Wii U. First off, the game will have a cockpit view that can be viewed via the Wii U Gamepad, which is a first for the series that’s entirely been in a third person view up until now. This view, according to Miyamoto, will be very useful in battles, but if you prefer to play the game in the traditional view you can.

Miyamoto explains below:

With Star Fox, we’re doing something very different. What we have on the gamepad screen is a cockpit view, and on the TV screen you’ve got a third person, more cinematic view. As you’re playing, what you’ll find is that you’ll spend your time looking back and forth between the two, and when you wanna see the really cool cinematic visuals as you’re playing, you’ll look up at the TV screen and when you want to get really serious about battling an enemy, you’ll look down at the cockpit view. It gives a lot of different perspectives and how you’re able to switch between the two and play while there’s beautiful cinematics going on the TV screen.

Quoted text

In the interview, Miyamoto also hints at Amiibo support for other upcoming games like Zelda and Star Fox when iJustine brought up the prospect of them being used for other games.

We’ve seen next to nothing of Star Fox on the Wii U, but Miyamoto still expects the game to release before The Legend of Zelda this year. I’m sure we’ll see some new footage of the game soon, and if all goes to plan, Nintendo is on track to have a pretty great E3 this year with a strong lineup of titles. Nintendo fans have a lot to be excited about to say the least.

Source: http://www.onlysp.com/star-fox-wii-u-will-cockpit-view-beautiful-cinematics-moreed/

Around the Network

I expect this game to be amazeballs.

Al hail!

Looking forward to it

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I do have to wonder if this is what iwata was referring to when he said that Miyamoto was starting to add a lot of cutscenes or something. But it certainly seems like they are progressing quite nicely. Hopefully, there will be a Nintendo Direct soon showing it off

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

This interview has been posted many times already. My response to it has as well.

I have little faith that this game will be good. There's nothing to signify that players can simply ignore the stupid gamepad gimmick, so I don't understand why that site would say that they can. I don't want to "get serious" by using the gyroscope and looking at a completely separate screen. The gamepad should complement the TV, not distract from it. That's why the gamepad is so perfect in WWHD. This doesn't seem to be the case at all in Star Fox Wii U.

spemanig said:
This interview has been posted many times already. My response to it has as well.

I have little faith that this game will be good. There's nothing to signify that players can simply ignore the stupid gamepad gimmick, so I don't understand why that site would say that they can. I don't want to "get serious" by using the gyroscope and looking at a completely separate screen. The gamepad should complement the TV, not distract from it. That's why the gamepad is so perfect in WWHD. This doesn't seem to be the case at all in Star Fox Wii U.

Usually people wait until after a game is release to criticize it, but I guess you want to stay ahead of the curve, huh?

With how well most of their output has turned out on Wii U, I fully expect this to be an absolutely stunner.

I look forward to some epic dog fighting battles. Previous sequels after Star Fox 64 didn't really build on anything. But Star Fox 3D really recaptured the feeling perfectly. After Mario Kart this year, I really trust them to deliver a game that both pushes the boundaries of what I know a Star Fox game to be whilst at the same time feels faithful to the original iterations.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Multishanks said:
spemanig said:

Usually people wait until after a game is release to criticize it, but I guess you want to stay ahead of the curve, huh?

he's expressing his concern for the game, I won't like it if the gamepad is forced to aim, it just won't feel right

TheHaydenator said:
Multishanks said:
spemanig said:

he's expressing his concern for the game, I won't like it if the gamepad is forced to aim, it just won't feel right

Nothing wrong with it, I am just saying that it seems a little strong seeing as how we haven't even seen it yet and I have heard positive things on the control front myself. Honestly, though, I am sure it is going to be optional considering that Nintendo's big multiplayer games have several control methods to choose from. Even Pikmin does as well. 

We will see I guess.