By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you rather Wii U got Diddy Kong Racing 2 or F-Zero XU?

Tagged games:

?

Wii U F Zero 338 75.11%

Wii U Diddy Kong Racing 112 24.89%

Total:450

F-Zero for me, we have MK8 which is close to what Diddy Kong racing is. Been a while since I played a new F-Zero game.

Around the Network

Seriously? :P
F-Zero, no question about it.

Also, Mario Kart was, is, and always will be better than DKR. I'd be disappointed if Retro's title does end up being DKR...

F-Zero definetely.
It´s been a long time... u.u

Both are awesome ( I started Diddy Kong Racing yesterday on N64 emulator, and it´s really really funny :D ) but we need a F-Zero Online for Wii U and we need Retro to be working on he next Metroid... so... Diddy Kong racing can wait... but i will be glad if they realeased one about 2017 or so.

Around the Network
baloofarsan said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not saying it would sell gangbusters, but I have a hard time seeing it selling less than Wonderful 101. At the very least the hardcore Nintendo crowd should carry beyond that.

The Nintendo hardcore crowd have been a difficult group to depend on: Sonic Lost World, The Wonderful 101, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Rayman Legends, all great games especially for the N-core, has underperformed in sales.

Even worse sales has all good and excellent third-party games had: Batman: Arkham City, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Resident Evil: Revelations, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (all above 80 metascore).

Not to mention the faboulus games that barley has made their money back: Bayonetta 2, Monster Hunter Tri, LEGO City Undercover (all above 80 metascore).

I like Nintendo games but I am starting to believe that there has to be "Mario" in the title for something to sell well: F-Zero - Mario edition.

Lost World and Wonderful 101 weren't very good, and Sonic Transformed has sold close to the PS3/360 versions despite the 1:10 difference in install base.

Batman, Deus ex, RE Revelations, and Need for Speed were all old games.

Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3 have sold pretty well without Mario by appealing to the hardcore Nintendo fans.

DKR is too similar to Mario Kart. F-Zero could fill the more traditional racing niche.

Plus this is modern Nintendo we're talking about. They would strip DKR of its story mode, thus eliminating what made it stand out.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

F-Zero, easy.

I'll go with Diddy Kong Racing 2, even though that's even less likely than Shen Mue 3 at this point.
I'd love to have an adventure mode with bosses and a hub-world!
But times have changed since the N64..

A new F-Zero or at least a HD-Version of GX is highly possible at this point.

curl-6 said:
baloofarsan said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not saying it would sell gangbusters, but I have a hard time seeing it selling less than Wonderful 101. At the very least the hardcore Nintendo crowd should carry beyond that.

Lost World and Wonderful 101 weren't very good, and Sonic Transformed has sold close to the PS3/360 versions despite the 1:10 difference in install base.

Batman, Deus ex, RE Revelations, and Need for Speed were all old games.

Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3 have sold pretty well without Mario by appealing to the hardcore Nintendo fans.

Yeah! You're probably right. Sometimes I see problems where there are none.