By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you rather Wii U got Diddy Kong Racing 2 or F-Zero XU?

Tagged games:

?

Wii U F Zero 338 75.11%

Wii U Diddy Kong Racing 112 24.89%

Total:450
curl-6 said:
blackjackk said:
TreeTurtle said:

1.10 sold for F-Zero X.
4.88 sold for Diddy Kong Racing.

(Here's some N64 numbers for no reason)

Wasn't there rumors for a new Diddy Kong Racing from Retro? It would make sense.

That would be awful. It's like let's take this super talented studio and put them on barbie games or something. So stupid.

I wouldn't put it so harshly myself, but in essence I agree.

Getting the guys who made Metroid Prime to make a clone of a game you already have (Mario Kart) and that almost any other Nintendo studio could just as easily produce seems a foolish move.

I'd still buy it, and it would likely be a good game, but it would be a waste in my opinion.

What about F-Zero versus Diddy Kong racing with David Wise doing the sound track ;) ?

Pretty much what Illusion said though, my only real problem with Diddy Kong racing, assuming that it's Retro, is it would that Metroid is likely not coming.

Around the Network
hsrob said:

What about F-Zero versus Diddy Kong racing with David Wise doing the sound track ;) ?

Pretty much what Illusion said though, my only real problem with Diddy Kong racing, assuming that it's Retro, is it would that Metroid is likely not coming.

As much as I adore Wise, I can't think of how to blend those two without it becoming a parody, and diluting F-Zero's appeal.

I could easily see Retro Studios pulling off a worthy sequel to Diddy Kong Racing. Especially with David Wise returning as the composer. With that said though, F-Zero GX remains the greatest video game racer of all time, and belongs to the one series that I would rather see return before any other.

I would like to see both but F-Zero first. It gives more variety since Diddy Kong Racing is a kart racer like Mario Kart.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

F-Zero of course, but the sad reality is that neither of them will happen anytime soon! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Diddy Kong Racing 2, only because it's less likely to actually happen. F Zero is a close second.

spemanig said:
Diddy Kong Racing 2, only because it's less likely to actually happen. F Zero is a close second.

You think so? I'd say DKCR2 is much more likely, F-Zero seems a very remote proposition in my view, sadly.

Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing are pretty similar styles of racer, though I'd love to see both I think F-Zero would be the better choice if Nintendo had to choose one of those to release because it would add a more distinct level of variety to the Wii U's line-up.

Personally I hope both games get a release on Wii U.

curl-6 said:

You think so? I'd say DKCR2 is much more likely, F-Zero seems a very remote proposition in my view, sadly.

I don't think so at all. F-Zero is a franchise. DKR is, as of now, just a stand alone game.

Mario kart now pretty much does everything plus more that diddy kong did. I really want f zero. I really liked the one on GameCube even though it was hard. It is just something about racing in those crazy tracks and the speed that makes that series so fun.