By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you rather Wii U got Diddy Kong Racing 2 or F-Zero XU?

Tagged games:

?

Wii U F Zero 338 75.11%

Wii U Diddy Kong Racing 112 24.89%

Total:450

Diddy Kong Racing 2 of course

Around the Network

Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing can't co-exist with RAREWARE behind the helm. I highly doubt any Nintendo second party or first party team would put the effort or care necessary to make a proper Diddy Kong Racing 2.

With that said, F-Zero. XU is a silly name.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Im not a fan of F-Zero, but it seems like a lot of people want it. The WiiU also has MK8, so theres really no reason for DKR2...

DKR. I feel Mario Kart has gone the wrong direction on a lot of things.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

While I voted F-Zero, I have to say that Diddy Kong Racing was one one my favourite games back in the N64 era, I am a Mario Kart lover, but back then I enjoyed Diddy so much more than Mario Kart 64, the gameplay was miles better, having 3 types of vehicles & still having balanced duels was quite a feat from Rare, the tracks were genius, the game modes gave it more lenght than Mario Kart!!!
Still as unfair as it may be, we have MK8 which is fantastic, & being a F-Zero, Wipeout fan, I need my fix of futuristic racing game, I know Fast Racing Neo from Shinen is coming, but F-Zero is F-Zero!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Around the Network

An HD F-Zero game, with the difficulty scaled back down to X levels, not the gets-so-hard-its-not-even-fun-at-some-point levels that GX reaches, hands down.

Diddy Kong Racing would be semi-neat to get, IF they (of course) replaced the generic cutesy characters with DK racers, such as DK, Dixie, Funky, Cranky, etc. But honestly, we already have MK8, and it's pretty damn solid, in spite of the lack of a real Battle Mode holding it back from being great (at least in my eyes). If we were going to get another MK style game, I'd far rather it be a Nintendo + Sega All-Stars racing game, with characters/stages from most of each's franchises represented. THAT, at least, would be (hopefully) fun, and would finally be a worthwhile Nintendo/Sega crossover game. It would sell millions, and at least IMO, would be far more worthwhile than another Diddy Kong.

Not that I'm AGAINST a DKC racer per say. Just that I'd far rather have a new F-Zero.

BUT, I were to say what Nintendo racer I REALLY want to see on Wii U, it's Wave Race, hands down. An HD Wave Race, with gorgeous, realistic water graphics and physics, with more/better updates than the somewhat decent Blue Storm on GC had. That's what I want. And I'm quite sure that someone like Monster Games, a racing developer for the most part anyway, could be great at making.

SmokedHostage said:

With that said, F-Zero. XU is a silly name.

So is "Wii U" ;)

Personally Diddy Kong Racing 2, but I know a lot more fans have been waiting for F-Zero, so if it were up to me I would put my preferences aside and choose F-Zero for the sake of humanity.

F-Zero for a number of reasons of various types:

genre diversity: They have a kart racer, F-Zero is a different sub-genre.

demonstration: F-Zero is a futuristic racer with more potential to be a head-turner visually to the general public. It would make an excellent show piece at E3 and other conferences.

appeal diversity: F-Zero is a hardcore game if ever there was one and it looks the part.

marketability: F-Zero looks awesome. You could easily produce any number of commercials that would make people want to check it out.   Seriously, if the marketing team can't make F-Zero look badass, they need to find a different job.

Personal: Mario Kart's great, but I love F-Zero. It's a classic; it deserves another shot (with some actual marketing please)

I voted F-Zero because I don't want the Diddy Kong Racing rumor to exist (that would mean that Retro Studios is not working on Metroid).