By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FACTS vs. FICTION – Volume 1

Justagamer said:

PS1 had a more versatile media, that is the only thing that was better. The ps1 had the ugliest, pixelated mess for textures, polygon tearing up the ass, polygon warping and bending, it was so horribly underpowered, it wasn't even in the same class as the n64. It had the superior library, but please stop with the nonsense that it was more powerful. If the ps1 was more powerful than the n64, then the x1 is more powerful than the ps4... atleast they are actually close in terms of performance, where as the ps1 was not even close to the n64 in terms of power. Not even close. The n64's best could never have been done on the ps1. Simple as that. 

What made the ps1 seem more powerful wasn't the pixellated polygon games...it was pre-rendering...something n54 couldn't do.

along with symphony of the night, gran turismo, einhander, breath of fire, star ocean, fear effect, suikoden, res-evil, valkyrie profile, xenogears, metal gear....

You have to admit, they had some games that just looked way better than anything else.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Oh so you're still clinging on to your prediction of WiiU somehow making a comeback and overtaking PS4. With zero proof and logic behind the prediction of course (your estimates have been SO far out up until now).

The general public sure don't have a problem with the PS4 being powerful, look at how well it's selling.

PS4 has sold more right now than WiiU will lifetime, when this becomes ever more apparant you will never admit you were wrong about this or even touch on the subject.

Oh man I miss the old days

Oh God here we go again...

johnlucas said:

Sony on the other hand is forgetting this truth & is trying to follow “The West”.
They are getting caught up in the competition against American Microsoft, a “Western” company, & are neglecting their focus on “The East” Japan.
The blockbuster Call of Duties & Grand Theft Autos made by the American/European developers who ultimately come from the PC world have Sony catering to those markets at cost to the Japanese one (does THAT explain PS4’s weak performance in Japan perhaps?).

There's about a million things wrong with your post, but this is probably the funniest. Have you even bothered to look at all the Japanese games the PS4 has coming?

Here's a quick list:

Persona 5

Ys

Dragon Quest Heroes 

Hot Shots Golf 

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Disgaea 5

Earth Defense Force

Mobile Suit Gundam

God Eater 2

Bloodborne

Fairy Fencer F 

Senran Kagura Estivel Versus

Yakuza Zero

Resident Evil HD 

Final Fantasy Type-0

Metal Gear Solid V

Final Fantasy XV

Kingdom Hearts III

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

One Piece Pirate Warriors

Hell I could go on. 

Meanwhile the WiiU has Zelda and... I guess Xenoblade coming? I don't how anyone could possible believe Nintendo is making a stronger push in Japan than Sony. Simply put, it's wrong. It's not an opinion. It's a fact. And it's wrong. I wonder if THAT explains WiiU's weak performance in Japan perhaps?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Hi there, JL... We REALLY missed your presence on this site!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

johnlucas said:
Captain_Tom said:
PenguinZ said:

I think the last point is true to some extent... Power does not sell consoles.

Power definately sells products as long as the cost isn't too high.  This is probably one of the biggest laughably wrong lists I have ever seen.

So the more powerful $300 XBox of 2001 had no problem overcoming the weaker $300 PlayStation 2, huh?
And the more powerful $200 Gamecube had no problem overcoming that same weaker $300 PlayStation 2.

What about that $200 Nintendo 64 powerhouse wiping the floor with that weaker $300 PlayStation of 1994?

And I guess the more powerful $200 Sega Master System easily overcame the weaker $200 Nintendo Entertainment System too, right?

I laid the proof out for you all generation by generation.
IT'S NOT POWER, guys.

John Lucas

P.S.: Happy New Year!

Houses that burn down have all been found to have a sink in them! I can't believe people still put sinks in their homes when they are known to cause them to burn down, the proof is right there.

Illusory correlation and nothing else.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

After all these years I'm still unclear on this: is John Lucas a joke character? Or does he really believe this stuff?

johnlucas said:

I promised this major post back in February on my Wall (February 13, 2014) in a reply to Metalheadgamer.
It was designed to be part of the ongoing debate in my UNITY topic before UNITY was suddenly locked down.
I then decided to make it a standalone topic but soon my work schedule intensified & I could no longer concentrate on the forum.
Real life takes priority always.

But it turns out that the unexpected delay gave me more fuel for more exciting arguments.
More & more developments in the gaming world unfolded that would make my original FACTS vs. FICTION seem small.
It was a blessing in disguise.
FACTS vs. FICTION would no longer just be confined to the UNITY discussion but would stand as a topic covering the entire gaming industry at once.

Every time I wanted to deliver this post a new development would give me more & more things to talk about.
I kept pushing back the delivery month after month.
After awhile this topic would be WAY TOO LARGE to put down all at once (and that’s saying a lot for a wordy guy like me).

John Lucas

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6956595

You should probably adress Seeces post before moving on, if you ignore the post where someone points out you are wrong 100% then there isn't much point trying to raise arguments to you because you show that you will just ignore the stuff that shows you to be wrong and answer the stuff that might possibly allow you some breathing room until the point where all the people who've shown you to be 100% incorrect will have left the "discussion" due to a lack of feedback from yourself and then leaving you with a thread of "yes men" all happily agreeing that all the people who are in the thread know their stuff.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

badgenome said:
After all these years I'm still unclear on this: is John Lucas a joke character? Or does he really believe this stuff?

We can only hope... but should a joke really have that much typing in it? :s bad wordsmith!

Can get the same cringe laugh from a christmas cracker joke I had! What do hedgehogs have for lunch? PRICKLED ONIONS!

ganoncrotch said:

We can only hope... but should a joke really have that much typing in it? :s bad wordsmith!

Can get the same cringe laugh from a christmas cracker joke I had! What do hedgehogs have for lunch? PRICKLED ONIONS!

Yeah, but that's actually funny in that dumb little kids' joke sort of way. It's even timely in light of Chris Chan's latest arrest! But John's combination of delusion and doggedness isn't funny to me. It just makes me really uncomfortable.

Assuming he's serious, that is. His first point is so ludicrous that I don't see how anyone can offer that up seriously, and as his ravings do from time to time when they go too far, it makes me think yet again that this whole thing must just be a joke that has long since run its course.

You're right, the most powerful console doesn't win, so PS4 will win, RIP Steam Machines :P