By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FACTS vs. FICTION – Volume 1

History aside, the ps4 has this gen on lock.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
You're wrong about everything. The WiiU has been out for 2 years and isn't selling anywhere near PS4 levels and will, in fact, end up dead last.

Japan is more and more irrelevant as they move towards mobile and westernification of their games.

And finally, PS4.

The wiiu won't end up dead last, it already is dead last. Lol

PenguinZ said:

I think the last point is true to some extent... Power does not sell consoles.

Power definately sells products as long as the cost isn't too high.  This is probably one of the biggest laughably wrong lists I have ever seen.

celador said:
So when is PS4 going to suddenly stop selling simply because it is the most powerful system on the market?

When it overheats and breaks because of all thepower. Physics 101.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Captain_Tom said:
PenguinZ said:

Power definately sells products as long as the cost isn't too high.  This is probably one of the biggest laughably wrong lists I have ever seen.

So the more powerful $300 XBox of 2001 had no problem overcoming the weaker $300 PlayStation 2, huh?
And the more powerful $200 Gamecube had no problem overcoming that same weaker $300 PlayStation 2.

What about that $200 Nintendo 64 powerhouse wiping the floor with that weaker $300 PlayStation of 1994?

And I guess the more powerful $200 Sega Master System easily overcame the weaker $200 Nintendo Entertainment System too, right?

I laid the proof out for you all generation by generation.
IT'S NOT POWER, guys.

John Lucas

P.S.: Happy New Year!

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network
johnlucas said:
Captain_Tom said:
PenguinZ said:

So the more powerful $300 XBox of 2001 had no problem overcoming the weaker $300 PlayStation 2, huh?
And the more powerful $200 Gamecube had no problem overcoming that same weaker $300 PlayStation 2.

What about that $200 Nintendo 64 powerhouse wiping the floor with that weaker $300 PlayStation of 1994?

And I guess the more powerful $200 Sega Master System easily overcame the weaker $200 Nintendo Entertainment System too, right?

I laid the proof out for you all generation by generation.
IT'S NOT POWER, guys.

John Lucas

P.S.: Happy New Year!

Ur right power is not the defining factor, ulitmaltey it comes down to which console has the largest amount of compelling games alongside other factors like price and extra features. PS2 easily beat out Xbox & GC in terms of system selling software along with a nice price point and DVD functionality right out of the box. Playstation also dwarfed N64 in terms of system selling software as did NES compared to Master System.

That doesn't prove that the most powerful can't win tho. If the most powerful console has the biggest games alongside the correct price point and a bunch of nice features then it will win. PS4 is 99.99% guaranteed to win this generation because it has a mix of all the things needed to win, great 1st & 3rd party titles, correct price (sub-$400), a bunch of nice features (blu-ray playback, PSN, etc) and being the most powerful is just icing on the cake.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

johnlucas said:

POWER DOES NOT SELL CONSOLES.

And the same result will happen in the 8th Gen home console race.
The PlayStation 4 is the most powerful console of the 8th Gen & that will be its downfall.

More to come in Volume 2...

John Lucas

Power doesn't mean anything, but it's essential, if we can have power, price, games, service, brand trust, why not ?

for example : PS4 vs Nvidia GTX 980 sure PS4 will lose in power (graphic capability), but PS4 all have the benefit and balance, is the most cheapest powerful "console" on earth with lot of great games coming, from first party, second party, third party, exclusively, or no exclusive, and with the best service (costumer, online, ect). and the look of the console is freaking cool, LOl

You cannot compare PS2 and Xbox original those coming in different time, the same with PS1 VS N64, you cannot compare with console which have different time release. why PS1 wins over N64 or why PS2 winds over Xbox Original it's because games, and

PS4 wins because it has Games+ Power + Hype + Brand recognitions + Service + and luck off course

and it's Japan Yo , PS brand bring games to mainstream thanks to them Video games becoming mainstream and all SNES lover able to play Chrono Tiger and FF VI on PS1.

Differentiation is key. Exclusivity is key. Wii U has games you can’t play ANYWHERE ELSE.

????? this doesnt apply to sony/ms??? you can play gears and halo on non ms consoles??? and gow/uncharted lbp on non sony consoles? didnt know nin only had exclusive

So this is just another "you should pick the wii u" over everything else thread? Why are you using terms like fact or fiction with things that are so subjective. Instead of this thread being called "facts vs fiction", call it what it really is. "My opinion on why the wii is so great." I can understand that you want to praise your console or help it sell but don't go spouting supposed facts as a disguise for your opinion.