By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Have The Best Developers in These 4 Genres.

Chris Hu said:
Fusioncode said:
And also:

Sports games - Sony San Diego
Sim Racing - Polyphony Digital
Platformers - Media Molecule

Playstation owners have a lot of variety!

NBA 2K is miles better then any sports game ever developed by Sony. (Compare that to EA not Sony. Sony has the top baseball game and no one, not even EA has dared to challege them.)

Forza is on par any in many areas better then GT. (Debatable)

Nitendo is still the king of platformers. (Even Microsoft and Sony agree on this)

Around the Network

2 is right. Not sure about 3 since it's not permanent. 1 is a definite no. The guys who make Witcher are much better. 4 is a maybe seeing as how bayonetta is said to be better

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

YOU FORGOT RACING:

Polyphony and Evolution and formerly Psygnosis :(

Rafie said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Well, many of these studios listed don't belong to Sony. Moreover, Uncharted isn't an action-adventure series. Even if it was, it pales in comparison to The Legend of Zelda.

Sony has some exceptional talent on its payroll. There's no need to pad the bill, so to speak, to make the company look better than it is.

That's subjective. Everyone doesn't like Legend of Zelda. However, Zelda is much more popular than Uncharted.

How do you gauge popularity? Uncharted is not behind Zelda's sales at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Chris Hu said:
Fusioncode said:
And also:

Sports games - Sony San Diego
Sim Racing - Polyphony Digital
Platformers - Media Molecule

Playstation owners have a lot of variety!

NBA 2K is miles better then any sports game ever developed by Sony. (Compare that to EA not Sony. Sony has the top baseball game and no one, not even EA has dared to challege them.)

Forza is on par any in many areas better then GT. (Debatable)

Nitendo is still the king of platformers. (Even Microsoft and Sony agree on this)

Well baseball games aren't very profitable if they where more studios would be making them and there would be better ones then MLB the Show.  When EA Sports still cared about making baseball games they actually had the best franchise with Triple Play and with almost 1.5 million copies sold on the PS1, Triple Play 2000 is still the best selling baseball game on a single console.

Around the Network

#1 is the best something. Still not sure where I would put those games genre wise.

Others I donno. Not my cup of tea. (People who say No, should just say who they think are better...I mean why not?)

Turkish said:
YOU FORGOT RACING:

Polyphony and Evolution and formerly Psygnosis :(

Its debatable whether Forza or GT is better.  But F-Zero is clearly a better franchise then Wipeout and most people didn't even play the best game in the franchise F-Zero GX on the Gamecube.

mii-gamer said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The greatest RPG director in the world is Sakaguchi and he will work for anyone but Sony. Nintendo and Microsoft have already gained exclusives from him and Sony has no shot at an exclusive with Mistwalker because of bad blood with Sakaguchi during his Final Fantasy days.

What happended to cause such tension?

He didn't like Kuturagi for chosing engineering vs programmability for the PS2 and PS3.

Noctisluciscaelum said:

GT7 on ps4 MAKE ME Fapp all night.

You're less a racing sim fanatic than a PlayStation fanboy. 

Otherwise take a PC, Project Cars, 3 screens and you're in heaven.

Why fapp when you can have some virgins ?-)

kinisking said:
2 is right. Not sure about 3 since it's not permanent. 1 is a definite no. The guys who make Witcher are much better. 4 is a maybe seeing as how bayonetta is said to be better

God of War is the top selling hack n slash of all time and continues to hold the crown for the genre. Bayonetta is great but purely from a gameplay standpoint. God of War tones it down and brings it back to a world where gameplay can exist in tadem with a proper story. Thats Sony's MO with most of their action/adventure titles.