By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Have The Best Developers in These 4 Genres.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Well, many of these studios listed don't belong to Sony. Moreover, Uncharted isn't an action-adventure series. Even if it was, it pales in comparison to The Legend of Zelda.

Sony has some exceptional talent on its payroll. There's no need to pad the bill, so to speak, to make the company look better than it is.

That's subjective. Everyone doesn't like Legend of Zelda. However, Zelda is much more popular than Uncharted.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
LordLichtenstein said:

1. RPG

Hidetaka Miyazaki:

Director: Demon's Souls
Director: Dark Souls 
Supervisor: Dark Souls 2
Director: Bloodborne 

2. Action Adventure

Bruce Straley And Neil Druckmann:

Director & Writer: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Director & Writer: The Last of Us
Director & Writer: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

3. Fighting

Yoshinori Ono:

Producer: Street Fighter IV
Producer: Super Street Fighter IV
Producer: Ultra Street Fighter IV
Producer: Street Fighter V

4. Hack and Slash

Cory Barlog:

Lead Animator: God of War
Director: God of War II
Director: untitled God of War game

Do you agree? 

Xenoblade is a better rpg than dark souls

zelda is a better action adventure than uncharted

Bayonetta is a better action than gow

I agree with sf, but I will play that game on PC so...

theprof00 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Demon Souls is an RPG, but rather classified as an action RPG. Its still based o 

I would actually say that it's most closely a very slow moving hack and slash. Maybe between ARPG and Hacknslash.

/thinkaboutit

Yes, I agree. Some are more like western hack n slashes slow and methodical which ARPG's have been doing for a while. Most RPG's are taking the ARPG route because a lot of consumers are getting sick of waiting. They want to control their movement and not sit and wait to get murdered in a back and forth battle based on hit points. They can manage their attributes, inventory and battle plans on their own. This is also where the next Final Fantasy is headed. The Witcher has been there and Diablo has been a dungeon crawler ARPG for years. Mass Effect is a TPS in which your actions are fully controlled without any turn based action.  Evasion points can be a passive addition when it comes to points and chance but most of the work is done by you evading characters on your own now. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
theprof00 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Demon Souls is an RPG, but rather classified as an action RPG. Its still based o 

I would actually say that it's most closely a very slow moving hack and slash. Maybe between ARPG and Hacknslash.

/thinkaboutit

Yes, I agree. Some are more like western hack n slashes slow and methodical which ARPG's have been doing for a while. Most RPG's are taking the ARPG route because a lot of consumers are getting sick of waiting. They want to control their movement and not sit and wait to get murdered in a back and forth battle based on hit points. They can manage their attributes, inventory and battle plans on their own. This is also where the next Final Fantasy is headed. The Witcher has been there and Diablo has been a dungeon crawler ARPG for years. Mass Effect is a TPS in which your actions are fully controlled without any turn based action.  Evasion points can be a passive addition when it comes to points and chance but most of the work is done by you evading characters on your own now. 

haha, cool. Most people always go 'wtf, it's totally not a hacknslash'. But it's actually really similar, and yeah, ff is definitely moving in that direction of fully controlled hacknslashARPG. I'm actually pretty excited for it. This genre is the freshest thing since shooters had their resurgence with CoD

Monolith so that goes to Nintendo after that Falcom
Action/Hacknslash games well that goes to Kamiya and Bayonetta 2 is the best ever made so again Nintendo.

Around the Network

#2 Is a maybe the other three are a definite no. Also Tekken is better then Street Fighter and on top of that Street Fighter is a Capcom franchise so you can't really associate it with Sony.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Well, many of these studios listed don't belong to Sony. Moreover, Uncharted isn't an action-adventure series. Even if it was, it pales in comparison to The Legend of Zelda.*

Sony has some exceptional talent on its payroll. There's no need to pad the bill, so to speak, to make the company look better than it is.

*In your opinion.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Well, many of these studios listed don't belong to Sony. Moreover, Uncharted isn't an action-adventure series. Even if it was, it pales in comparison to The Legend of Zelda.

Oh and FYI, Uncharted IS an action adventure series. One of the best of all time, whether you like it or not =)

Rafie said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

That's subjective. Everyone doesn't like Legend of Zelda. However, Zelda is much more popular than Uncharted.

You mean 10 years ago? Sure, I would've agreed with you. In 2015, Uncharted will be bigger than Zelda.

Fusioncode said:
And also:

Sports games - Sony San Diego
Sim Racing - Polyphony Digital
Platformers - Media Molecule

Playstation owners have a lot of variety!

NBA 2K is miles better then any sports game ever developed by Sony.

Forza is on par any in many areas better then GT.

Nitendo is still the king of platformers.