By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Have The Best Developers in These 4 Genres.

#1 Yes
#2 hell no
#3 it's subjective, not the best overall
#4 no

Around the Network

As far as #1 goes, I think Sakaguchi and Takahashi go pretty far on that one.

#2 is good. Though the two I'm thinking of are now producers.

#3 I think Harada and Sakurai Dominate

and #4 is obviously Kamiya.

It's all subjective though.

Lol.....no

I had no idea people thought of Tekken/Harada is such high regard. I thought the series had long left relevancy. :-/

And while I love the Souls series, I'm not sure if I'd place him there. His history hasn't always been gold.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

you are forgetting some genres like kart racing : modnation racers

Around the Network

Agree!

Nem said:

Has nothing to do with the battle system. Xenoblade isnt turn based either. It has to do with the lack of a proper supporting cast and narritive.

If we go by your qualifications then games like Dungeons and Dragons are not role-playing games (which is ridiculous.) Despite that. Dark Souls does have a plot. The world's flame is dying and the lords with ligh souls are dying with it. You are tasked with either restoring the flame for a little bit, or bringing the world from the age of lords to the age of men (who decend from the pygmy.) Along your way to collect the lord souls, you are confronted by many beings that have been corrupted because of experiments by the old witch. In addtion to that, you also are confronted by lords and their children. The end boss, Gwyn had the most powerful lord soul, and you are given a choice to either prolong the age of lords/fire a little longer or bring the age of the undead/humans. 

And that is only the first game. 

Eh Sony doesn't have miyazaki or Ono and 1 and 4 are wrong.

sc94597 said:
Nem said:

Has nothing to do with the battle system. Xenoblade isnt turn based either. It has to do with the lack of a proper supporting cast and narritive.

If we go by your qualifications then games like Dungeons and Dragons are not role-playing games (which is ridiculous.) Despite that. Dark Souls does have a plot. The world's flame is dying and the lords with ligh souls are dying with it. You are tasked with either restoring the flame for a little bit, or bringing the world from the age of lords to the age of men (who decend from the pygmy.) Along your way to collect the lord souls, you are confronted by many beings that have been corrupted because of experiments by the old witch. In addtion to that, you also are confronted by lords and their children. The end boss, Gwyn had the most powerful lord soul, and you are given a choice to either prolong the age of lords/fire a little longer or bring the age of the undead/humans. 

And that is only the first game. 

That is the setting, not the plot. Who is your character, why does he go and vanquish things himself? Where are the other characters? What are their motivations?Why are you the only one doing this if that is the case? What are the people of the world doing about this situation? Etc.

I dont really see the connection with your example of Dungeons and dragons. So, the comparisons sounds as ridiculous to me. Is this about the table top games? Those are called RPG's because you create your own narritive. The game gives you the setting.

Still, my end point is that this kind of "RPG" wich i have trouble considering so, cannot be the best the genre has to offer. Not disdaining its quality, but just its qualification. Something i'm not sure some understood.

deskpro2k3 said:

What about for real driving sim, Kazunori Yamauchi?

GT7 on ps4 MAKE ME Fapp all night.