By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What name do you want for 3DS' Successor?

What name should it have?

Nintendo HDS 28 39.44%

Nintendo 4DS (2 on front,... 9 12.68%

Nintendo Fusion 30 42.25%

Nintendo Lii 2 2.82%

Nintendo DS Advanced 2 2.82%

Total:71

I guess it's obvious Nintendo has already begun development on a new generation of consoles. Whether it's name with be stupid or not is the question. What are your suggestions?

Nintendo 4DS, lol

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network

Gameboy.

Because why not?

4ds would be the least confusing imo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nintendo xDS

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

What I want? Something with Game Boy in it.
What I honestly expect? HDS or some other weird shit.

Around the Network

I like Nintendo HDS. If not, just kill the DS line already. Just like the GB line had its time, the DS family had its time. Now we need something a bit different to revitalize the handheld market :p

New 3DS Super Lite XL U

Ditch the 3D and second screen and make a more powerful handheld (which will be around the same price as normal Nintendo handhelds because they save money by abandoning the second screen and the 3D effect).

Let's be honest, how many good 3DS games used the second screen effectively? It's not needed imo.

This would make the handheld much more suited to off-screen TV play on Nintendo's next home console. Plus it would function as a free controller for it. Nintendo could even make a good bundle (next HH, plus next HC) at a cheaper price then if you bought them seperatly.

They should ditch the DS line and come up with a new concept. The handheld market needs something entirely new.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
They should ditch the DS line and come up with a new concept. The handheld market needs something entirely new.

I don't think it needs something entirely new... No gimmicks, just powerful hardware (for a handheld) and good button lay-out.