By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Own Any Rare Games?

blast corps,glover and FIFA 64 (awful game)

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I used to have all the CastleVania games on every platform at one point. I sold my set 2 years ago, along with a complete Sega Dreamcast collection etc.

The CastleVania games some sold individually for over £300 (approx $500 at the time).

I've had to cut back to a single generation through hence why all my retro collection has gone. :(

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I own Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn! Only around 5000 copies were printed! (In english) the worst thing is, this is one of the best 32-bit games, it has a unique combat system, and great story... And I got it for 50$, last time I checked, it could be worth around 400$ in very good condition.

Yes, I own Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles. They are not super rare but it's something.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

alabtrosMyster said:

I own Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn! Only around 5000 copies were printed! (In english) the worst thing is, this is one of the best 32-bit games, it has a unique combat system, and great story... And I got it for 50$, last time I checked, it could be worth around 400$ in very good condition.

Nobody truly knows how many copies of PDS were made but it is more widely accepted that the number is closer to 30k then 5k because if only 5k were made the game's value would more then likely be over 1k. Great game too and it seems unlikely that it will ever be rereleased due to the claims of the source code being lost so the value will continue to rise over the years because I remember when this game was around $150 a few years ago...

On topic though, I see alot of people listing Metroid Prime Trilogy and other games that are widely available either in stores or on eBay, a rare game is something you can't just go on Ebay and find over 50 listings for so that would right away rule out popular games such as Earthbound, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade. Unless the TC meant valuable games not rare anyways :D 

Around the Network
painmaster212 said:
alabtrosMyster said:

Nobody truly knows how many copies of PDS were made but it is more widely accepted that the number is closer to 30k then 5k because if only 5k were made the game's value would more then likely be over 1k. Great game too and it seems unlikely that it will ever be rereleased due to the claims of the source code being lost so the value will continue to rise over the years because I remember when this game was around $150 a few years ago...

On topic though, I see alot of people listing Metroid Prime Trilogy and other games that are widely available either in stores or on eBay, a rare game is something you can't just go on Ebay and find over 50 listings for so that would right away rule out popular games such as Earthbound, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade. Unless the TC meant valuable games not rare anyways :D 

IT could depend on version where in Europe and Australia only PAL versions work and USA and Japan is NTSC for example

I mean most copies of Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance are in NTSC and thus are cheaper but the Rarer PAL version can be as much as $150 Australian on ebay.

The fact you have to pay so much for a game to work on your system would be the definition of a rare game right?

Does Paper Mario And The Thousand Year Door count? The European version is somewhat expensive.

PowerOfSoren said:
which version of Pikmin 3 is this that everyone mentions as I see it everywhere in Australia especially at EB Games?

is this in USA or something?

Yes it's a USA thing. The game stock is vanishing.

PAL versions of Majora's Mask and Shenmue II are the first that come to mind... yeah, not really rare, probably still the rarest I possess.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

painmaster212 said:
alabtrosMyster said:

Maybe still 1 of 30k - 50k is pretty great... I have some nice sega cd items as well, everything on it is somewhat rare, at least compared to all the big Nintendo/snes/psx ... I rescently sold the 52 in one cart I had for the Genesis...