By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Own Any Rare Games?

Several: Original gold cartridges of Zelda and Alink to the past. Still have several NES, SNES, N64 and gameboy games. I would have to go through the list and see which ones are the rarest, I don't know off the top of my head.

Around the Network

i have sealed copies of every released final fantasy, dragon warrior/quest,zelda,halo,pokemon games out so far. i am a huge video game collector.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Not many games are rare.
Expensive games are many times not really rare because there are always enough of them on Ebay.

I have Beggear Prince for the MegaDrive, the first print edition, only 600 of them released in 2006.

I do have some expensive games like Shenmue 2, Suikoden 2, Tales of Destiny 2, the Lunars, Brigandine and some others.

''Hadouken!''

PowerOfSoren said:
painmaster212 said:
alabtrosMyster said:

I own Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn! Only around 5000 copies were printed! (In english) the worst thing is, this is one of the best 32-bit games, it has a unique combat system, and great story... And I got it for 50$, last time I checked, it could be worth around 400$ in very good condition.

Nobody truly knows how many copies of PDS were made but it is more widely accepted that the number is closer to 30k then 5k because if only 5k were made the game's value would more then likely be over 1k. Great game too and it seems unlikely that it will ever be rereleased due to the claims of the source code being lost so the value will continue to rise over the years because I remember when this game was around $150 a few years ago...

On topic though, I see alot of people listing Metroid Prime Trilogy and other games that are widely available either in stores or on eBay, a rare game is something you can't just go on Ebay and find over 50 listings for so that would right away rule out popular games such as Earthbound, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade. Unless the TC meant valuable games not rare anyways :D 

IT could depend on version where in Europe and Australia only PAL versions work and USA and Japan is NTSC for example

I mean most copies of Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance are in NTSC and thus are cheaper but the Rarer PAL version can be as much as $150 Australian on ebay.

The fact you have to pay so much for a game to work on your system would be the definition of a rare game right?

No i wouldn't always consider a valuable/expensive to be rare. Just take Earthbound for an example, a uncommon game that due to it's popularity commands $150+ for just the cart alone yet you could search ebay right now and find 100s of listings. Now compare it to Aero Fighters, a snes game just like Earthbound that is truly considered rare. Doing a quick Ebay search yields just 2 copies of the game (which are vastly overpriced IMO).

Conker's Bad Fur Day, sealed, UK PAL N64 - a rare, Rare game.
The Chronicles of Daniel, BBC Micro, sealed.

Around the Network

Rare and Valuable don't always go hand in hand.

Samba De Amigo had a very limited PAL run (I've heard it's as low as a couple of thousand units) and that doesn't command a particularly high price even with Maracas. I figure this is due to much wider availability (and ease of use) of the US/Japanese versions and the later Wii version.

There are much more common games which go for far more money. Particularly a lot of the better PAL SNES games seem to command good prices, especially in decent condition.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I bet Sonic Boom will become quite rare, quite soon.

I have Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles, and a bunch of NES games, but I on't know if any of them are rare...

BUT I also own a game MADE by Rare; Wizards and Warriors ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Metroid Prime Trilogy is probably the rarest game I have... Along with some shovelware on Wii I doubt they printed many copies of.

Yep.

Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III, Suikoden II, Valkyrie Profile, and original boxed Lunar 1 and 2. I also own games like Xenoblade and Dragon Quest V DS that were rare but were reissued due to unexpected demand.