By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Own Any Rare Games?

Do you have any rare games in your possession? Rare as in, hard to find or having a high sell price in stores or online.

For me, it's Metroid Prime Trilogy! This game averages around $100-$150 online. I even saw one that was $500! Took a lot of effort just to get it COMPLETE for a good price. I had to bid on eBay many times until I finally landed a good price of $70. 

So, do you own any rare games?

EDIT: I also have certain NES and Gamecube games that go for decently high prices online.

Around the Network

Several, yes... Mostly NES games though.

I got an SNES catridge copy of A link to the past, FF7 for PS1 (all three cds) and Xenoblade Chronicles.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Yep. I own Metroid Prime Trilogy, boxed Super Metroid, and Earthbound.

I have some more expensive games like Super Smash Bros. Melee but I don't really consider those to be rare.

I see the normal Wii box of MPT in Gamestop every time I decide to poke my head into one. Are you talking about the special tin box one?

The rare games I own are all Genesis games like Gunstar Heroes, or GBA and GameCube games like Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
I see the normal Wii box of MPT in Gamestop every time I decide to poke my head into one. Are you talking about the special tin box one?

The rare games I own are all Genesis games like Gunstar Heroes, or GBA and GameCube games like Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

Yep! I own the special Collector's Edition one! The one's they had at Gamestop were refurbished copies that didn't include the Steelbook case or the art booklet.

A signed copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The Patriots by Hideo Kojima counts?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Metroid Prime Trilogy and the NTSC version of Xenoblade Chronicles, apparently.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I used to have sooooo many more (all the 64 titles). Currently just Banjo Kazooie and DKC =P

The rarest game I own is Gamestop's "used" Metroid Prime Trilogy copy.