By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is bragging about their high quality games :P

It´s not bragging it´s advertising.

Around the Network

Their arrogance knows no bounds. They're not getting away with it...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=172249&page=1

I haven't checked metacritic but I do not think those numbers are correct.

ICStats said:
Goodnightmoon said:
ICStats said:

To someone who hasn´t played Mario glaxy 2 makes zero difference to play it now, it´s still great, an doesn´t const 60 $

Sure, but it wouldn't rate well as an 8th gen game.  If it got a HD update then yes.

An Hd update for 60 dollars... :/ 

For somebody who never played the original?  You bet.  Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a value of ~$25 used, and ~$45 new.   If Nintendo did a HD remaster you can bet that they would charge $50~60 new.

Nintendo is charging $60 for 1 year old SM3DW, but you think there's something wrong with Rockstar charing $60 for an enhanced version of 1 year old GTA V?

It's not really a matter of price, but of quality.  Price is determined by demand, if people were not buying these remakes at $60 then they would drop.  These games are just 1 year old, they come with DLCs that cost extra before, and they're enhanced, that's why the quality & value is still high.  Over time the quality will be passed by other titles, and the value and therefore price will drop.  TLOU Remastered is now $30.

Windwaker HD did and probably still costs €60- where I live so I guess I am flying away before I catch hell for this comment.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Their arrogance knows no bounds. They're not getting away with it...

Just found that statement really funny...

Nuvendil said:
petroleo said:
lol talking about an epic fail wuahahaha, they even put Rayman Legends a multiplataform game ? daaammmnnn

If they had done only retail exclussives and only critic scores, it wouldn't have been remotely fair. 

Retail Exclussives with 85 Metacritic rating or higher from critics:  Wii U+3DS=18  Xbox One+PS4+Vita=7 (Wii U=6, 3DS=12, Xbox One=3, PS4=1, Vita=3)

And if we add in user scores (same metric as they originally used):

Retail Exclussives with 85 Metacritic rating or higher from both critics and users:  Wii U+3DS=13  Xbox One+PS4+Vita=4 (Wii U=6, 3DS=7, PS4=1, Xbox One=0, and Vita=3)

I said it before, I'll say it again, Nintendo wins every single way you slice it, full stop.  They picked their own way of displaying it because it sounded better, but they come out on top in this.  So yeah, only epic fail here is your attempt at downplaying. 

Except people don't just play exclusives.

Qwark said:
ICStats said:

An Hd update for 60 dollars... :/ 

For somebody who never played the original?  You bet.  Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a value of ~$25 used, and ~$45 new.   If Nintendo did a HD remaster you can bet that they would charge $50~60 new.

Nintendo is charging $60 for 1 year old SM3DW, but you think there's something wrong with Rockstar charing $60 for an enhanced version of 1 year old GTA V?

It's not really a matter of price, but of quality.  Price is determined by demand, if people were not buying these remakes at $60 then they would drop.  These games are just 1 year old, they come with DLCs that cost extra before, and they're enhanced, that's why the quality & value is still high.  Over time the quality will be passed by other titles, and the value and therefore price will drop.  TLOU Remastered is now $30.

Windwaker HD did and probably still costs €60- where I live so I guess I am flying away before I catch hell for this comment.

Windwaker HD update counts for Nintendo, as does Bayonetta.

My 8th gen collection

Lawlight said:
Nuvendil said:
petroleo said:
lol talking about an epic fail wuahahaha, they even put Rayman Legends a multiplataform game ? daaammmnnn

If they had done only retail exclussives and only critic scores, it wouldn't have been remotely fair. 

Retail Exclussives with 85 Metacritic rating or higher from critics:  Wii U+3DS=18  Xbox One+PS4+Vita=7 (Wii U=6, 3DS=12, Xbox One=3, PS4=1, Vita=3)

And if we add in user scores (same metric as they originally used):

Retail Exclussives with 85 Metacritic rating or higher from both critics and users:  Wii U+3DS=13  Xbox One+PS4+Vita=4 (Wii U=6, 3DS=7, PS4=1, Xbox One=0, and Vita=3)

I said it before, I'll say it again, Nintendo wins every single way you slice it, full stop.  They picked their own way of displaying it because it sounded better, but they come out on top in this.  So yeah, only epic fail here is your attempt at downplaying. 

Except people don't just play exclusives.

Never said they did.  But the person I was replying to made it sound like Nintendo cheated in this ad by counting a multiplat.  I was just pointing out that they have the advantage with or without them.

Here's the image for those who can't see it in the OP like me.