By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is bragging about their high quality games :P

So. Much. Delicious. Butthurt.

It's just silly.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Lawlight said:
Nuvendil said:
petroleo said:
lol talking about an epic fail wuahahaha, they even put Rayman Legends a multiplataform game ? daaammmnnn

If they had done only retail exclussives and only critic scores, it wouldn't have been remotely fair. 

Retail Exclussives with 85 Metacritic rating or higher from critics:  Wii U+3DS=18  Xbox One+PS4+Vita=7 (Wii U=6, 3DS=12, Xbox One=3, PS4=1, Vita=3)

And if we add in user scores (same metric as they originally used):

Retail Exclussives with 85 Metacritic rating or higher from both critics and users:  Wii U+3DS=13  Xbox One+PS4+Vita=4 (Wii U=6, 3DS=7, PS4=1, Xbox One=0, and Vita=3)

I said it before, I'll say it again, Nintendo wins every single way you slice it, full stop.  They picked their own way of displaying it because it sounded better, but they come out on top in this.  So yeah, only epic fail here is your attempt at downplaying. 

Except people don't just play exclusives.

Never said they did.  But the person I was replying to made it sound like Nintendo cheated in this ad by counting a multiplat.  I was just pointing out that they have the advantage with or without them.

But the count by Nintendo isn't correct.

LIE confirmed!

Vita has around 20 85+ games

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/vita?sort=desc&view=condensed

PS4 also

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4?sort=desc&view=condensed

they must be pretty desperate to tell lies like this

ryuzaki57 said:
LIE confirmed!

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/vita?sort=desc&view=condensed

PS4 also

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4?sort=desc&view=condensed

User scores bro, user scores. Dem goalposts though.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

mZuzek said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
ryuzaki57 said:
LIE confirmed!

PS4 also

User scores bro, user scores. Dem goalposts though.

Also, they said retail games, so I don't think indies count.

Next Sony will say "only 1080p games that score above  85 on meta". Seems legit.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
I haven't checked metacritic but I do not think those numbers are correct.

I did in responds to someone else:

S.Peelman said:
Conina said:
Cobretti2 said:

they will after this ad lol.

Yeah. Someone should make a list of all current user scores for these 19 games and check the user scores 2 or 4 weeks later.

Would be interesting, how much the MetaTrolls can screw up the relevance of the user-score-system.

Not much of a problem. I'll save it myself if it'll be needed sometime, should be interesting. As of 20 Dec 2014:

Metascore Userscore
WiiU    
Super Mario 3D World 93 9.0
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU 92 9.0
Rayman Legends 92 8.5
Bayonetta 2 91 9.1
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD 90 8.9
Mario Kart 8 88 9.1
Pikmin 3 87 8.6
Bayonetta 86 9.1
3DS    
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D 94 8.8
Fire Emblem: Awakening 92 9.2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 91 9.0
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward 88 8.9
Pokémon Y 88 8.8
Animal Crossing: New Leaf 88 8.7
Pokémon X 87 8.7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon * 86 8.4
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth 85 8.8
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS 85 8.6
Bravely Default 85 8.5

* Luigi's Mansion's Userscore is already below 8.5.

Interestingly, Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 don't reach 8.5 Userscore, and Kid Icarus doesn't reach an 85 Metascore.

EDIT:

If I'm doing this anyway, here's the 8 games on the other platforms Nintendo's likely refering to:

Metascore Userscore
PS4    
The Last of Us Remastered 95 8.7
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- 86 8.5
PSV    
Persona 4 Golden 93 9.3
LittleBigPlanet PSVita 88 8.8
Rayman Origins 88 8.5
Tearaway 87 9.1
Rayman Legends 87 8.7
Final Fantasy X / X-2 Remaster 86 8.6
XBox One    
- - -

People seems to read this thread with one eye closed, because it's pretty clear Nintendo made their list with the criteria of being a retail game and having both a userscore and critic score on Metacritic. In that sense, they are right. Much butt-hurt in this thread could have been avoided.

They should! They have a lot of excellent games. I am playing and enjoying software on my Wii U far more than I did on my Wii. It's a lot closer to GameCube for me, which was by far my most played console.

I am going to echo Justin Davis from IGN, and say that just like him, Wii U is and has been by far my most played console for 2014.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

S.Peelman said:
Lawlight said:
I haven't checked metacritic but I do not think those numbers are correct.

I did in responds to someone else:

S.Peelman said:
Conina said:
Cobretti2 said:

they will after this ad lol.

Yeah. Someone should make a list of all current user scores for these 19 games and check the user scores 2 or 4 weeks later.

Would be interesting, how much the MetaTrolls can screw up the relevance of the user-score-system.

Not much of a problem. I'll save it myself if it'll be needed sometime, should be interesting. As of 20 Dec 2014:

Metascore Userscore
WiiU    
Super Mario 3D World 93 9.0
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU 92 9.0
Rayman Legends 92 8.5
Bayonetta 2 91 9.1
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD 90 8.9
Mario Kart 8 88 9.1
Pikmin 3 87 8.6
Bayonetta 86 9.1
3DS    
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D 94 8.8
Fire Emblem: Awakening 92 9.2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 91 9.0
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward 88 8.9
Pokémon Y 88 8.8
Animal Crossing: New Leaf 88 8.7
Pokémon X 87 8.7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon * 86 8.4
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth 85 8.8
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS 85 8.6
Bravely Default 85 8.5

* Luigi's Mansion's Userscore is already below 8.5.

Interestingly, Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 don't reach 8.5 Userscore, and Kid Icarus doesn't reach an 85 Metascore.

EDIT:

If I'm doing this anyway, here's the 8 games on the other platforms Nintendo's likely refering to:

Metascore Userscore
PS4    
The Last of Us Remastered 95 8.7
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- 86 8.5
PSV    
Persona 4 Golden 93 9.3
LittleBigPlanet PSVita 88 8.8
Rayman Origins 88 8.5
Tearaway 87 9.1
Rayman Legends 87 8.7
Final Fantasy X / X-2 Remaster 86 8.6
XBox One    
- - -

People seems to read this thread with one eye closed, because it's pretty clear Nintendo made their list with the criteria of being a retail game and having both a userscore and critic score on Metacritic. In that sense, they are right. Much butt-hurt in this thread could have been avoided.

Persona Q has a user score of 8.4.

But it's a farce that Zero Escape is counted for one but not the other.

Lawlight said:

Persona Q has a user score of 8.4.

But it's a farce that Zero Escape is counted for one but not the other.

Then it has dropped a bit since a few days ago. Like Luigi's Mansion, which I mentioned, had already dropped to 8.4 when I looked at it. Zero Escape on 3DS was obviously above Nintendo's threshold when they themselves looked at it, yet below on Vita.

It is what it is (or, was, since it doesn't match anymore already).

Problem is that too many games are child themed. Also, they put out too few games at a time.