By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is bragging about their high quality games :P

bubblegamer said:
KLXVER said:
bubblegamer said:

Why did they stop doing that? Like i said moving goals is popular these days..

Well they cant talk about great sales when the WiiU doesnt have them...

Exactly. So they look for whatever they can show is in their favor, which is why this has no importance. Who else ever needed to discuss user scores? What's next, who has more comments on their youtube channel?

This is pretty common. You brag about what is happening at the time. Why would they advertise the WiiU with negative reasons...?

"Nobody is buying our WiiU, so could you please?"

Around the Network

I was wondering when I first saw this ad how they made the comparison work, but it makes sense now that I see the addition about userscore. Fact that Vita makes up almost all of the "competitors" games in this comparison indicates to me at least that getting a high userscore isn't about having polished games that noone can deny the quality of (as some would suggest) but that if you want high userscores on metacritic you just need to be on a platform that has less people trolling said scores.

All that said, Nintendo can and should use arbitrary lines in the sand like this for quality games if it makes them look better. That's the PR's job.

Qwark said:
Wii U 2 years in the market, 3ds released in 2011 I think vs the Xone and PS4 both 2013 and the Vita, which is dead.
I mean it isn't all that great compare the 85+ meta scores of the PS4 end 2015 and the U end 2014 and let's see what the score is. Nonetheless a nice score even if it is mostly due to the 3ds.

THAT is a very valid point moreso than most I read in this thread, it is where people questioning Nintendo on this ad, should have started!

Nintendo can argue back that they are looking at the actual situation & the current value that they offer to customers compared to its competitors (after all it's not their issue, it's their competitors) .

Nevertheless it remains a valid point, but people in here seam more interested in defending their "team" by throwing tantrums at each other & the "flawless" I'm right , you're wrong "evidence".

Simple & to the point Qwark!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Goodnightmoon said:
ICStats said:
Cobretti2 said:
so when studios on Sony and Microsoft console PLASTERED their covers with scores and quotes from review sites it;s all good. But one little ad by Nintendo sends the internet into a meltdown?

Meltdown is a bit of an exhaggeration.

The notable thing here is Nintendo is not known for giving this kind of spin, and spin it is because if you set the goal posts you can make either of the libraries seem better than the others in some way.

Most games with Meta over 85 & User Score over 85?  Pretty much all Nintendo.  XB1 doesn't have a single retail game with User Score over 85.
Most games with Meta over 95?  PS4 two, XB1 one, Wii U zero.

Oh yeah, GTAV and The last of us, Both PORTS, just ports, of games from the LAST YEAR. If Nintendo does a Mario Galaxy 2 HD and got a 97 again, will it count? That game is from 2009, imagine a game from last year.... 

Sure, if it looks good.

GTA V and TLOU being games from last year, are excellent games and with updates are competitive against other new games.  Those review scores are for the new version because they deserve it.

Mario Galaxy 2 being a Wii game from 09, would need a lot of updates, but if it deserved a 97 today then why wouldn't it count?

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Goodnightmoon said:
ICStats said:

Meltdown is a bit of an exhaggeration.

The notable thing here is Nintendo is not known for giving this kind of spin, and spin it is because if you set the goal posts you can make either of the libraries seem better than the others in some way.

Most games with Meta over 85 & User Score over 85?  Pretty much all Nintendo.  XB1 doesn't have a single retail game with User Score over 85.
Most games with Meta over 95?  PS4 two, XB1 one, Wii U zero.

Oh yeah, GTAV and The last of us, Both PORTS, just ports, of games from the LAST YEAR. If Nintendo does a Mario Galaxy 2 HD and got a 97 again, will it count? That game is from 2009, imagine a game from last year.... 

Sure, if it looks good.

GTA V and TLOU being games from last year, are excellent games and with updates are competitive against other new games.  Those review scores are for the new version because they deserve it.

Mario Galaxy 2 being a Wii game from 09, would need a lot of updates, but if it deserved a 97 today then why wouldn't it count?

I really think the main reason for those games to exist is simply the lack of retrocompatibility that both had, so for me is not like getting a new masterpiece, is the same game , but you can´t play it on the new generation so they made a 1080 port with some Dlc to support the 60$ of the title, if we are counting this ports, well, we can count every great game that wii had because you can play it on WiiU, and you don´t need to buy it again, not the same graphical quality, but the same good game for free if you already have it, or for 10 - 15 $ in a much larger library than just 2 ports. 

Around the Network

It would be okay for Sony/MS to do it, right kids? So why not Nintendo?

Goodnightmoon said:
ICStats said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Sure, if it looks good.

I really think the main reason for those games to exist is simply the lack of retrocompatibility that both had, so for me is not like getting a new masterpiece, is the same game , but you can´t play it on the new generation so they made a 1080 port with some Dlc to support the 60$ of the title, if we are counting this ports, well, we can count every great game that wii had because you can play it on WiiU, and you don´t need to buy it again, not the same graphical quality, but the same good game for free if you already have it, or for 10 - 15 $ in a much larger library than just 2 ports. 

No, again those games deserve their scores THIS year, not 5 years ago.  To someone who hasn't played them before it makes zero difference compared to a brand new game.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Goodnightmoon said:
ICStats said:

Sure, if it looks good.

No, again those games deserve their scores THIS year, not 5 years ago.  To someone who hasn't played them before it makes zero difference compared to a brand new game.

To someone who hasn´t played Mario glaxy 2 makes zero difference to play it now, it´s still great, an doesn´t cost 60 $

Goodnightmoon said:
ICStats said:
Goodnightmoon said:

To someone who hasn´t played Mario glaxy 2 makes zero difference to play it now, it´s still great, an doesn´t const 60 $

Sure, but it wouldn't rate well as an 8th gen game.  It was a 97 on Wii, but in 2014 it wouldn't score as high as say SM3DW without a re-master.

GTA V & TLOU remakes can stand toe-to-toe against just about any 8th gen game.

My 8th gen collection

noob responses in this thread