By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Up 6 December 2014

binary solo said:
DonFerrari said:
binary solo said:

I wish they would report Hardware ASAP and not wait until they have either US or UK software ready. I bet we could get firm hardware numbers within a few days of the end of the week.

Uhnnn some weeks we had numbers like 3 days after the end of it... but to expect it on holidays is pushing a little.

Yeah, but it always seems like it takes longest to figure out the software. So if they separated out the hardware they could report it quicker.

Totally agree on that... but since we will claim overtracked and undertracked no matter what numbers appear for HW, we need SW so we can amuse ourselves that the game we don't like sold poorly (even if it was gangbuster we can downplay saying expectations was over it) and celebrate the sales of what we like (even if lukewarm, saying how niche it is)... HW is already expected the positiions and general gap.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
bananaking21 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Guys - can we kill the quote trees and get back on topic? Thanks.

can you please stop with these types of comments, conegamer? 

Pardon? This was the first of its kind. Regardless, I'd advise reading the rules of the site. The place had gotten far off-topic and practically everybody has an issue with quote trees. Since things have gotten back on track, there really wasn't a need for you to say anything about it.

I was joking by calling you conegamer, as he keeps posting exactly what you said all the time :/

bananaking21 said:

I was joking by calling you conegamer, as he keeps posting exactly what you said all the time :/

Bad, BAD Banana.

Edit: I probably should have said, rotten banana.

Great numbers. I guess the ps4 will be 18-19 m units by the end of the year, maybe even 20 m.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

The Wii U has low numbers, but look at those 3DS and Wii U Japan numbers!

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
The Wii U has low numbers, but look at those 3DS and Wii U Japan numbers!

Yep. Time again to post Wii U and PSV's song!   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqFL0uRGpUk

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

tbone51 said:
Ninsect said:
ICStats said:

You're correct. Nintendo managed to make a small profit for one quarter and Nintendo fans are already using that to win arguments lol. Let's see how this year ends

Nintendo fans? Yeah because not all sides do this SMH 

What? DId you understand my point? Nintendo has been losing money quarter after quarter and only recently had one quarter where they profited and I've seen many Nintendo fans use that as fuel for their arguments, especially because Sony's GD profited less

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Teeqoz said:

PS3 software is beasting. It has closed the gap with 360 SW about 23 million this year, and it'll probably reduce it by another ~5million before the year is over. It's closed the gap with Wii software as much as 58 (!) million this year, and will possibly pass Wii SW sales this year.

I hadn't noticed PS3 is only 25m games behind Wii now! Should pass Wii soon and 360 next year

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
Teeqoz said:

PS3 software is beasting. It has closed the gap with 360 SW about 23 million this year, and it'll probably reduce it by another ~5million before the year is over. It's closed the gap with Wii software as much as 58 (!) million this year, and will possibly pass Wii SW sales this year.

I hadn't noticed PS3 is only 25m games behind Wii now! Should pass Wii soon and 360 next year

It's quite insane how quickly it's gone.

DonFerrari said:
binary solo said:
DonFerrari said:
binary solo said:

I wish they would report Hardware ASAP and not wait until they have either US or UK software ready. I bet we could get firm hardware numbers within a few days of the end of the week.

Uhnnn some weeks we had numbers like 3 days after the end of it... but to expect it on holidays is pushing a little.

Yeah, but it always seems like it takes longest to figure out the software. So if they separated out the hardware they could report it quicker.

Totally agree on that... but since we will claim overtracked and undertracked no matter what numbers appear for HW, we need SW so we can amuse ourselves that the game we don't like sold poorly (even if it was gangbuster we can downplay saying expectations was over it) and celebrate the sales of what we like (even if lukewarm, saying how niche it is)... HW is already expected the positiions and general gap.

^VGC in a nutshell!