By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Up 6 December 2014

vgchartz allways late!!!

i want see news about sales Dec 13 and Dec 20.

Around the Network
cheryl said:
vgchartz allways late!!!

Then wait for january, the sales you will see this month will have nothing to do with what you'll see after adjustments, it's always like that during christmas

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

tak13 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

well amiibo smash and pokemon should make it close

I think we can all agree microsoft is losing money on every xbox one sold right now :P

Hmmmm,396$ dollars is the manufacturing cost of the kinectless xbone!1.2m xb1(for November in the USA)by 47$(loss per console)=56.400.000$ loss,in November,in the USA!

Don't forget the bundled games... take another 60 dollars for the 2 AC that were throw away on BF, and we know that the BF 329tag with both games +50 dollar gift card was probably subsized by MS. That will make the loss a lot bigger.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Over the 3.4M necessary on the last 4 weeks, let's not forget that we have probably 500k undertracked WW. So 20M is not impossible.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

CGI-Quality said:
Guys - can we kill the quote trees and get back on topic? Thanks.

can you please stop with these types of comments, conegamer? 

Around the Network
gerryd2704 said:
I don't think Vita is dead. I think Sony has the potential to move a lot of Vitas if they price it very reasonable and create something other than remote play that would get people hyped about buying a Vita to increase their PS4 capabilities. As for a price drop in EU. I'm in Ireland and all I see is 2 free games for X1 at 400 euros. But Sony has the same thing too with 2 games for 400 euro. Nothing near the scale of NA price reductions.

It's dead people want buy a console without goood third party support no matter how much it cost it's time to accept it

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

DonFerrari said:
tak13 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

well amiibo smash and pokemon should make it close

I think we can all agree microsoft is losing money on every xbox one sold right now :P

Hmmmm,396$ dollars is the manufacturing cost of the kinectless xbone!1.2m xb1(for November in the USA)by 47$(loss per console)=56.400.000$ loss,in November,in the USA!

Don't forget the bundled games... take another 60 dollars for the 2 AC that were throw away on BF, and we know that the BF 329tag with both games +50 dollar gift card was probably subsized by MS. That will make the loss a lot bigger.

Microsoft doesn't pay Ubisoft $60 per game to bundle it in though. It's like any other business deal, when you buy in bulk, in the millions for example you get a much lower price than the retail price. And if the games were digital (one of them was I think? Not sure) then it would be even less.

Also the gift card thing was an offer from the store, not directly from Microsoft. They do that to get more people to go to their stores over Best Buy, Gamestop and so on.

DexInDaJungle said:
DonFerrari said:
tak13 said:

Microsoft doesn't pay Ubisoft $60 per game to bundle it in though. It's like any other business deal, when you buy in bulk, in the millions for example you get a much lower price than the retail price. And if the games were digital (one of them was I think? Not sure) then it would be even less.

Also the gift card thing was an offer from the store, not directly from Microsoft. They do that to get more people to go to their stores over Best Buy, Gamestop and so on.

I know that I was putting 60, because it was 2 games... and sure they probably paid even less than 30 per title, but lost royalty can also be considered a loss since the buyer with already 2 games will have less reason to buy a lot of SW... but we could downcut that even further.... but anyway it costed MS a lot, but this kind of loss this early in the gen lets a lot of time to recover on SW... I know on my PS3 I have like 120 retail titles, and PS4 only 5, so Sony will still collect a good amount of money of me, and there are a lot of MS buyers that are similar (and they had the best attach ratio last gen), so even if they lost 100M on November promotions alone that is moskito bite for MS and they probably will recover that on X1 SW alone on 2015 from only those customers.

DonFerrari said:
DexInDaJungle said:
DonFerrari said:
tak13 said:

I know that I was putting 60, because it was 2 games... and sure they probably paid even less than 30 per title, but lost royalty can also be considered a loss since the buyer with already 2 games will have less reason to buy a lot of SW... but we could downcut that even further.... but anyway it costed MS a lot, but this kind of loss this early in the gen lets a lot of time to recover on SW... I know on my PS3 I have like 120 retail titles, and PS4 only 5, so Sony will still collect a good amount of money of me, and there are a lot of MS buyers that are similar (and they had the best attach ratio last gen), so even if they lost 100M on November promotions alone that is moskito bite for MS and they probably will recover that on X1 SW alone on 2015 from only those customers.

Oh my bad, I thought you meant $60 each. Misunderstood. But yeah I agree with you, it might seem like a big loss right now but it will be worth it in the long run.

cheryl said:
vgchartz allways late!!!

Dec 13 understandable, hopefully we get numbers in the next few days. Dec 20, u do realize that's today, right? How could we have data for a week that's not over yet?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.