By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Up 6 December 2014

zorg1000 said:
cheryl said:
vgchartz allways late!!!

i want see news about sales Dec 13 and Dec 20.

Dec 13 understandable, hopefully we get numbers in the next few days. Dec 20, u do realize that's today, right? How could we have data for a week that's not over yet?

I wish they would report Hardware ASAP and not wait until they have either US or UK software ready. I bet we could get firm hardware numbers within a few days of the end of the week.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
zorg1000 said:
cheryl said:
vgchartz allways late!!!

Dec 13 understandable, hopefully we get numbers in the next few days. Dec 20, u do realize that's today, right? How could we have data for a week that's not over yet?

I wish they would report Hardware ASAP and not wait until they have either US or UK software ready. I bet we could get firm hardware numbers within a few days of the end of the week.

That would be nice and would give some more sales discussion throughout the week, I think I've seen them do it once or twice where we got hardware numbers before any software but it's pretty rare.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

DexInDaJungle said:
DonFerrari said:
DexInDaJungle said:

Microsoft doesn't pay Ubisoft $60 per game to bundle it in though. It's like any other business deal, when you buy in bulk, in the millions for example you get a much lower price than the retail price. And if the games were digital (one of them was I think? Not sure) then it would be even less.

Also the gift card thing was an offer from the store, not directly from Microsoft. They do that to get more people to go to their stores over Best Buy, Gamestop and so on.

I know that I was putting 60, because it was 2 games... and sure they probably paid even less than 30 per title, but lost royalty can also be considered a loss since the buyer with already 2 games will have less reason to buy a lot of SW... but we could downcut that even further.... but anyway it costed MS a lot, but this kind of loss this early in the gen lets a lot of time to recover on SW... I know on my PS3 I have like 120 retail titles, and PS4 only 5, so Sony will still collect a good amount of money of me, and there are a lot of MS buyers that are similar (and they had the best attach ratio last gen), so even if they lost 100M on November promotions alone that is moskito bite for MS and they probably will recover that on X1 SW alone on 2015 from only those customers.

Oh my bad, I thought you meant $60 each. Misunderstood. But yeah I agree with you, it might seem like a big loss right now but it will be worth it in the long run.

No problem... seeing that they won't pay retailer profit, their own royalties and other costs the publisher probably only got 10-20 per game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

binary solo said:
zorg1000 said:
cheryl said:
vgchartz allways late!!!

Uhnnn some weeks we had numbers like 3 days after the end of it... but to expect it on holidays is pushing a little.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

bananaking21 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Guys - can we kill the quote trees and get back on topic? Thanks.

can you please stop with these types of comments, conegamer? 

Laugh out loud

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
TheSting said:
bananaking21 said:

Laugh out loud

Awesome contribution. Have anything else relevant?

Nope. Any other questions? It was funny to me i replied to that not you. 

CGI-Quality said:
TheSting said:
CGI-Quality said:

Definitely a head-scratchin' reply. Perhaps it's best that you have nothing else to say.

It's best? Who are you & who are you pretending to be? Head scratching how lol? Nevermind I'm not going to explain anything else to you. Convo over

CGI-Quality said:
bananaking21 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Pardon? This was the first of its kind. Regardless, I'd advise reading the rules of the site. The place had gotten far off-topic and practically everybody has an issue with quote trees. Since things have gotten back on track, there really wasn't a need for you to say anything about it.

Bananaking is the kind of member that is always jokes around and say funny things. Lighthearted you could say. He doesn't mean any harm, I assure you.

Just in case you are not familiar with him

DonFerrari said:
binary solo said:
zorg1000 said:
cheryl said:
vgchartz allways late!!!

Uhnnn some weeks we had numbers like 3 days after the end of it... but to expect it on holidays is pushing a little.

Yeah, but it always seems like it takes longest to figure out the software. So if they separated out the hardware they could report it quicker.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

CGI-Quality said:
TheSting said:
CGI-Quality said:

Definitely a head-scratchin' reply. Perhaps it's best that you have nothing else to say.

You are being more off-topic than bananaking, man =]