By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In Australia, Xbox 360 now substantially cheaper than Wii.

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?title=Australian+Gaming+Bargains+-+06%2F03%2F08&id=10606&sid=9dba611d4fccf7198af0b9cd626a6816

Target has the Core console at $AU339 as opposed to the cheapest available Wii consoles at $AU388.

Also, for $538, Big W has the Pro bundled with Assassin's Creed and PGR4.  That is much cheaper than a week ago.

It would appear that (probably due to exchange rates) the Xbox 360 has received a price cut in Australia.

The 40gb PS3 can be found cheapest for $AU640 or so, or bundled with a game and second Sixaxis for $AU740.

If your reading Shams, I hope you waited a week or so to get your Xbox 360, because right now might be the best time. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Woah Holy hell

I reckon. It is getting really cheap really fast.

Aussie thread, no other countries allowed to post here!

and who wants the crummy Core anyway?

how much is the Pro edition? Nobody here (unless you are a non-gamer mom wandering into a store looking for the cheapest xbox) cares about the Arcade edition.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Kmart is selling the Pro with smackdown vs raw for $AU499.

That is PRETTY DAMN SWEET!!!

Wow, that's pretty cheap, though I would never buy it with knowing it's destined to break at some stage, kinda seems like a clearance.

Its the same here, the two cheapest 360's are 200 and up to 800NOK cheaper than the Wii. The Wii's price is becoming a factor ww pretty fast and stands out as considerably less value for money imo.
I don't care if you don't need BluRay or X-box live, its still worth money.
I don't need a Dodge Viper but I can recognize its worth even still (I'm writing this because I was shot down for thinking the PS3 more value for money than the Wii in another thread).

Mummelmann said:
I don't need a Dodge Viper but I can recognize its worth even still (I'm writing this because I was shot down for thinking the PS3 more value for money than the Wii in another thread).

I think that a 60gb ps3 is a better value at $500 (if you use it for more than gaming) than a wii is at $250.

For someone who uses a ps3 exclusively for gaming, $500 is very expensive. however, i do remember paying $499 canadian along with a $50 memory card for a launch ps2.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Mummelmann said:
Its the same here, the two cheapest 360's are 200 and up to 800NOK cheaper than the Wii. The Wii's price is becoming a factor ww pretty fast and stands out as considerably less value for money imo.
I don't care if you don't need BluRay or X-box live, its still worth money.

If I don't need blu-ray, or if I don't want to pay to play online, then it's not worth money to me. Saying that you can recognize a Dodge Vipers worth is just like me saying that I can recognize the PS3 worth... but not for me. And it seems like many other people fell the same way. It's worth it's money if you need it, but that doesn't make it worth it for everyone. That also doesn't help someone be able to afford one.

I'm interested to see what happens when the price of the pro 360 (or whatever the cheapest version is that has a HDD) and the 40gig PS3 come close ($50 bucks or so) to the price of the Wii, and it doesn't significantly push sales above the Wii, or doesn't even get them to Wii sales levels. What will people say then?