By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In Australia, Xbox 360 now substantially cheaper than Wii.

well the wii will drop in price to combat that probably! newer 360's dont melt and they have 3 yr warranty out of the box! so go ahead art pick one up! LOL

Around the Network

^ Nintendo says its not in competition with the 360.

ArtofAngels said:
Wow, that's pretty cheap, though I would never buy it with knowing it's destined to break at some stage, kinda seems like a clearance.

I have mine laying flat, so it never overheats.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

ArtofAngels said:
Wow, that's pretty cheap, though I would never buy it with knowing it's destined to break at some stage, kinda seems like a clearance.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

It's got alot to do with the Australian and American currancy.

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
ArtofAngels said:

Sadly, a myth 

Blank? Blank.

s2puzzy said:

It's got alot to do with the Australian and American currancy.

We are still getting ripped off though. Wii for $400 compared to the US at $250. The exchange rate is at about 92 cents to one american dollar. Therefore we should be paying about $275. Also we are paying $100 for games. RIPPED OFF

Well it's only the Core, I spent the extra $100-150 on the Pro bundle(came with Viva Pinata and Forza 2) back in November and would happily spend that amount over the much cheaper core console that isn`t bundled with any games. However it's quite shocking that the Wii is still so high, I purchased mine on launch day for $399 and that was well over a year ago now. Such High demand though does allow Nintendo to keep the Wii at the same price and with no end in sight to that demand, they are certainly making a tidy profit.

starcraft said:

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?title=Australian+Gaming+Bargains+-+06%2F03%2F08&id=10606&sid=9dba611d4fccf7198af0b9cd626a6816

Target has the Core console at $AU339 as opposed to the cheapest available Wii consoles at $AU388.

Also, for $538, Big W has the Pro bundled with Assassin's Creed and PGR4. That is much cheaper than a week ago.

It would appear that (probably due to exchange rates) the Xbox 360 has received a price cut in Australia.

The 40gb PS3 can be found cheapest for $AU640 or so, or bundled with a game and second Sixaxis for $AU740.

If your reading Shams, I hope you waited a week or so to get your Xbox 360, because right now might be the best time.

I was actually about to post this, and suggest that the rumoured price cut has already hit :)

But - I suspect you are right, and that its exchange rate related. One side effect of being a "primarily" US developed console.

I have waited - and I think I will be waiting a little more. Actually entered a form of "crunch time" at my work contract, which ends around Easter - which is roughly when the 360 price cut (should) hits.

But $330 is definitely getting into a price range I love - if they can couple with a 50 Euro cut - its getting down to $249AU - which is almost ridiculous (the PS2 still costs about $200).

To top it off - if they release a $299AU "GTA pack" (Arcade bundle + GTA) - I'll be there instantly (ignoring that I'm not a real big GTA fan). But I think a GTA pack for $399 is more realistic.

BTW - the same catalog has the PS3 for almost $800 (2 controllers + 1 game).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@all - the Wii isn't even ADVERTISED here anymore (I haven't seen a ad for ages).

When there is no supply, its pointless to advertise (or price cut) when the demand is still significant.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099