By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Nintendo games don't win GOTY

pokoko said:

Huh?  What disproves my 'little" theory?

Oh, certainly, they hate Nintendo so much that all Nintendo games get horrible reviews.  It's so obvious.

The gaming media only gives Nintendo exclusive great reviews so they can pretend they aren't biased when they don't give them a GOTY award. Except when they do. On those occasions it's obviously because they're playing the long(er) game.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

The gaming media only gives Nintendo exclusive great reviews so they can pretend they aren't biased when they don't give them a GOTY award. Except when they do. On those occasions it's obviously because they're playing the long(er) game.

Devious.  The conspiracy deepens.  Was blind but now I see.

Samus Aran said:
psrock said:
Samus Aran said:
psrock said:
The lack of major success has more to do with it as well. Most GOTY are awarded to successful games and while an excellent game, if the fans didn't buy it or play it, nobody is going to award it.

Apparently not, sales = quality according to you. The majority liked those games over 99% of the third party titles. Mario Kart Wii is still outselling a lot of third party games that came out this year. 

No, what I said is success seemed to impact the voting of GOY which has nothing to do with my opinion. Relax youself buddy.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Samus Aran said:
psrock said:
Samus Aran said:
psrock said:
The lack of major success has more to do with it as well. Most GOTY are awarded to successful games and while an excellent game, if the fans didn't buy it or play it, nobody is going to award it.

Apparently not, sales = quality according to you. The majority liked those games over 99% of the third party titles. Mario Kart Wii is still outselling a lot of third party games that came out this year. 

No, what I said is success seemed to impact the voting of GOY which has nothing to do with my opinion. Relax youself buddy.

Then Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports and Wii Fit should have won GOTY.

Let's just say the voters aren't representative of the gaming public. If this was a law case Nintendo would get the entire jury dismissed. It's like a black guy facing an all-white jury (or vice versa). 

Busted said:
psrock said:

And thats exactly one of the thigs that are wrong, the game of the year should be the best game not the most popular one

This is where metacritic lies to you guys badly. Because a site gives a big scores does not decides game of the year. Game of the year can be a team or personal decisions based on the games they enjoy. while, the review is just one person opinion.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Busted said:
psrock said:

And thats exactly one of the thigs that are wrong, the game of the year should be the best game not the most popular one

This is where metacritic lies to you guys badly. Because a site gives a big scores does not decides game of the year. Game of the year can be a team or personal decisions based on the games they enjoy. while, the review is just one person opinion.

Perhaps the review shouldn't be one person's opinion then. 

Samus Aran said:
psrock said:
Samus Aran said:
psrock said:
Samus Aran said:
psrock said:

Then Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports and Wii Fit should have won GOTY.

Let's just say the voters aren't representative of the gaming public. If this was a law case Nintendo would get the entire jury dismissed. It's like a black guy facing an all-white jury (or vice versa). 

I'm sure they also lost the users voting as well. Most of the people who bought these games not only doesnt know or care about GOY.

Next Gen 

Samus Aran said:
psrock said:
Busted said:
psrock said:

Perhaps the review shouldn't be one person's opinion then. 

Let's change what a review is so you can be happy.

Next Gen 

Smash and MK8 are winning a decent number of GOTY awards from what I'm seeing!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

psrock said:

I'm sure they also lost the users voting as well. Most of the people who bought these games not only doesnt know or care about GOY.

Which further proves my point. Nintendo's audience isn't scurrying the internet for Nintendo news.
Doesn't dismiss the fact that they can consider those games to be their GOTY.