By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [IGN] Ubisoft strikes again: TETRIS!!! runs like shit (on PS4)

Game Boy more powerful than PS4 confirmed.

Around the Network

Even the Commodore 64 could run this! And for the excuse of there being too much friends, why the heck? Tetris isn't that much of a social game, why add social capabilities?!?!?

roPath said:
Did anyone watch the followup? Dev reached out because they weren't able to reproduce it for others or on the testing PSN. It's possibly because the player has 2000 friends in his friendslist. Disconnecting from the interwebs fixed it.

Yes, I saw that. Anyway it shows they didn't tested it properly and, worse of all, are having trouble parsing a simple 2000 items list and that's probably affecting the performance. Hell, I've never been able to write a code that couldn't do something as simple even on single core entry level Android phones.

It seems that "too big friends list" can cause problems in other games, not as severe as Tetris but it´s an interesting thing to look into.

curl-6 said:
Can we officially crown them the new EA yet, or did I miss the latter's latest attempt to hold onto the throne of awfulness?

Yes they are the new EA.  If anything they are now the worst.  Tetris is possibly one of the simiplest game ever created (ok Pong is the simplest) and Ubisoft can't even get that right lol . I enjoyed EA's Tetris on PSN last gen and it ran/played smoothly, 4 player and all.

Around the Network

Damn it. Just when I started to like them again after playing FC4. Why Ubisoft? Whyyyyyyy?

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

vivster said:
kitler53 said:
vivster said:
To be fair, the PSN store runs like shit as well. And since SONY is awesome at programming software it really must be AMD's fault.

not true on ps4.   try to keep your digs relavant please.

Last time I checked it was true. Gonna check again right now.

Yep the store is still stuttering like shit. Not as bad as it was at launch and a lot better than on PS3 but still far from fluent.

Hmm not in my experience. It launches in ~2 seconds and there is no noticeable stuttering.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Meh, we all know MS paid off Ubisoft to sabotage the game on PS4.

Ubisoft released an untested game? Shocking

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

Hmm not in my experience. It launches in ~2 seconds and there is no noticeable stuttering.

Try to go through the items at a medium speed.

Maybe it's just noticeable for me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.