By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [IGN] GOTY Nominees

curl-6 said:
the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:
At least Bayonetta 2's on there.
The only other game on the list I consider deserving is Shadow of Mordor.

I haven't played it. And after seeing this, I can't imagine caring enough to try it. What did you like about it?

Being a huge Lord of the Rings fan helps. ;)

The world and combat were engaging, and the whole planting moles in the enemy command structure thing was kinda cool.

But....why? I download the game last week, and it´s just terrible, combat system is so bad, the land is so empty and so ugly, the only thing you do is killing oorcs and they NEVER STOP TALKING SHIT... sorry but all the drama in the middle of the fights, it´s cool the first time,  but when you get interrupted 200 times to say shit I just wanna break the gamepad, And Is just like assasins creed, but worse, in mordor, i really think all the love for this game is pure fanatism about lord of rings, it´s just the most boring game i´ve played this year.... and i´ve played watchdogs U_u

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:
the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

I haven't played it. And after seeing this, I can't imagine caring enough to try it. What did you like about it?

The world and combat were engaging, and the whole planting moles in the enemy command structure thing was kinda cool.

But....why? I download the game last week, and it´s just terrible, combat system is so bad, the land is so empty and so ugly, the only thing you do is killing oorcs and they NEVER STOP TALKING SHIT... sorry but all the drama in the middle of the fights, it´s cool the first time,  but when you get interrupted 200 times to say shit I just wanna break the gamepad, And Is just like assasins creed, but worse, in mordor, i really think all the love for this game is pure fanatism about lord of rings, it´s just the most boring game i´ve played this year.... and i´ve played watchdogs U_u

I only had to play about an hour of Watch Dogs until I had to stop before the boredom made me commit suicide.

Surprised that MK8 is missing. I figured Donkey Kong would get snubbed since it was released so early in the year, but no MK8 kinda stinks.

Have a feeling Dragon Age will win this one too though. Seems to be a great game, though I haven't had enough time lately to see for myself. Only about an hour in on the PC version -_-

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:
the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

I only had to play about an hour of Watch Dogs until I had to stop before the boredom made me commit suicide.

Yeah, we agree on that XD

I'm happy with some people having confidence in Smash, but let's be honest a fighting game is rarely picked as goty. A Wii U exclusive fighting game will have even a harder time to win.

I mean in a general way. On IGN i think Smash has a good chance.

Around the Network

Far Cry 4 is my personal GOTY. Transistor and Child of Light while being good, are far from GOTY material imo.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Ok... that Sunset Overdrive does seem to be pandering to the needs of a specific audience. I dont see how that is GOTY material.

My GOTY's are still Dragon age and Bayonetta 2. I dont see anything else that gets near to the quality those games achieved this year.

South Park and Dragon Age deserve the win. Shame about Dark Souls 2.

My picks:
-Dragon Age Inquisition

Acceptable:
- Sunset Overdrive
- Shadows of Mordor

Would be disappointed:
Child of Light
- Shovel Knight
- HearthStone
- Super Smash Brus U
- Transistor
- South Park: The Stick of Truth